Pleae Help 180 Cookies

Baking By traceyjade Updated 15 Aug 2009 , 3:53am by dandelion56602

traceyjade Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
traceyjade Posted 13 Aug 2009 , 12:54pm
post #1 of 9

Hello, I have been asked to do 180 cookies for a wedding 90 brides dresses and 90 tuxedos, they are to be individually wrapped. The wedding is on Sept 26. My question is how long do you think this will take and what would be the easiest way to go about this to make it run smoothly? I was planning on using MMF. I am such a procrastinater (sp) usually leaving things to the last minute but I would really like to be organised this time icon_rolleyes.gif Thanks in advanced thumbs_up.gif

Tracey

8 replies
Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 13 Aug 2009 , 1:05pm
post #2 of 9

You can bake and freeze the cookies now.Stack them in piles of 10.A couple days before the wedding like 4-5 take them out and cover with MMF...package and box.It will take several hours but definetly start baking now!It will make it much easier! Like a assemly line...You can do it over the course of 3 days or so.I had 365 to do for a school and it took me about 4 days from start to finsih ...I hand piped everyone with royal icing and flooded..I had them baked in advance!

hhcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hhcakes Posted 13 Aug 2009 , 1:16pm
post #3 of 9

I just wrapped 140 cookies and it took me 2 hrs. just to wrap them. I do the assembly line production and that's the only way to do so many cookies. Bake them early because you'll have them sitting all over your kitchen when you're frosting and the cookies are drying. good luck

PamelaB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PamelaB Posted 13 Aug 2009 , 5:43pm
post #4 of 9

How do you get the MMF to stick to the cookies? I've never tried MMF, I use royal icing.

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 13 Aug 2009 , 5:58pm
post #5 of 9

You can use a bit of clear piping gel or a simple syrup made with a bit of water and corn syrup.

dandelion56602 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dandelion56602 Posted 13 Aug 2009 , 6:32pm
post #6 of 9

I would bake ahead & freeze the cookies.

Another thing you can do is go ahead & cut out & freeze the dress & tux if you use either RBC or Marshmallow RBC http://cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-7434-Marshmallow-Rolled-Buttercream-for-Decorated-Cookies.html.

For the past few batches I've used the Marshmallow RBC bc it's not as greasy as the regular RBC & is a little sturdier like MMF. I usually flavor mine w/ butter flavoring. And I freeze the entire batch & I also freeze cutouts, which saves sooooooo much time. All I do is cut them out (I usually roll between wax or parchment paper) & pop them in the freezer until firm. Then I have a flat tupperware container I layer them in (wax paper between each layer) & cover w/ plastic wrap before putting the lid on & putting in the freezer. When I'm ready I take out 1 section at a time & put them on the cookies.

I use a few dots of corn syrup to apply my RBC---I have a small squirt bottle of it. It doesn't take long for the cookies/RBC to come to room temp. Then I let them sit for a few hours to firm up & decorate. They'd probably be ready by the time you put the cutouts on all the cookies & bag up your RI.

Another tip is you can color your RI the day before you start decorating---this also helps bring air bubbles to the top. And if you want to crisp up the cookies you can pop them from the freezer into a preheated oven (about 350) for 3-4 min. I agree with assembly line, it goes sooooo much quicker. If you can get someone (dh) to help bag it'll go alot quicker.

traceyjade Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
traceyjade Posted 14 Aug 2009 , 1:31am
post #7 of 9

Thank you so much everyone for your great replies thumbs_up.gif very appreciated!

toleshed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
toleshed Posted 14 Aug 2009 , 11:55pm
post #8 of 9

dandelion56602
Where do you get sweetex? I've never heard of it before

dandelion56602 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dandelion56602 Posted 15 Aug 2009 , 3:53am
post #9 of 9

I personally use Wesson's Super Quick Blend (about 1/2 the price of Sweetex)---it's a high ratio shortening too. I got my local cash 'n carry to order if for me. They offer a lot of restaurant supplies locally. Cake stores usually carry it too.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%