Has Anyone Used The First Impressions Rose Mold?

Decorating By Ruth0304 Updated 14 Aug 2009 , 12:10am by terrig007

Ruth0304 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ruth0304 Posted 12 Aug 2009 , 10:37pm
post #1 of 16

I just saw this mold it would make my life so much easier can anyone tell me if it is a good, worth the money product?

Thanks, Ruth

15 replies
bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 12 Aug 2009 , 10:49pm
post #2 of 16

Do you have a link to it?

DianeLM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DianeLM Posted 12 Aug 2009 , 10:56pm
post #3 of 16

Yes!! It's awesome! I find that chilling the fondant or gumpaste while it's in the mold helps to minimize stretching and distortion.

For some reason, I can't find a pic of cake where I've used it. *sigh*

Ruth0304 Posted 12 Aug 2009 , 11:15pm
post #4 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by DianeLM

Yes!! It's awesome! I find that chilling the fondant or gumpaste while it's in the mold helps to minimize stretching and distortion.

Thanks so much, Im planning on doing a surprise 60th for my mom and I'm going to attempt to make a fancy wedding type cake, with lots of roses. I'm Ok at making them but it takes soooo long to make hand made roses so I figured Id give this mold a try. icon_wink.gif

Ruth0304 Posted 12 Aug 2009 , 11:17pm
post #5 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobwonderbuns

Here it is:http://www.globalsugarart.com/cat.php?cid=724&s=30

Ruth0304 Posted 12 Aug 2009 , 11:20pm
post #6 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth0304

Quote:

Here it is:http://www.globalsugarart.com/cat.php?cid=724&s=30

Okay so I guess I don't know how to copy a link, sorry icon_sad.gif

bobwonderbuns Posted 12 Aug 2009 , 11:22pm
post #7 of 16

That's okay I got the idea. Thanks! I didn't know First Impression molds had the rose mold out. Cool! icon_lol.gif

Ruth0304 Posted 12 Aug 2009 , 11:27pm
post #8 of 16
Quote:

That's okay I got the idea. Thanks! I didn't know First Impression molds had the rose mold out. Cool! icon_lol.gif

Global sugar art is currently sold out but I ordered it from first impressions website directly, it was a couple of dollars cheaper. I'll let you know how it works icon_wink.gif

Ruth0304 Posted 12 Aug 2009 , 11:29pm
post #9 of 16

[quote="DianeLM"]Yes!! It's awesome! I find that chilling the fondant or gumpaste while it's in the mold helps to minimize stretching and distortion.

[/quot

Thanks, I just bought it ,can't wait to test it out.

onlymadaresane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
onlymadaresane Posted 12 Aug 2009 , 11:39pm
post #10 of 16

This is going to sound stupid- but what do you 'fill' it with? How do you do get color variations on like the pansy one? It looks like something I'd LOVE to tinker with!

pilates2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pilates2 Posted 12 Aug 2009 , 11:46pm
post #11 of 16

I am the best person to speak of First Impressions!.. I own 90% of them (haven't ordered the latest ones (YET!) for several years now and can only say they are well worth the money. My cakes have gone over the top with incorporating them. I can honestly say that I use the eacj and every one of them (i.e., baby, different holiday themed, the pearls, I have even incorporated the use of the tiniest ones on rounds disks or plaques for cupcakes).... absolutely incredible! And there is the use of them for chocolate... my seascape cakes using chocolate are breathtaking.... trust me you will love them and want to buy them non-stop as I have done. Give it a whirl! Global Sugar Art carries them, also just type in First Impression Molds and it comes up and you can see the entire catalog.
My best,
Mossymag

bobwonderbuns Posted 12 Aug 2009 , 11:57pm
post #12 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilates2

I am the best person to speak of First Impressions!.. I own 90% of them (haven't ordered the latest ones (YET!) for several years now and can only say they are well worth the money. My cakes have gone over the top with incorporating them. I can honestly say that I use the eacj and every one of them (i.e., baby, different holiday themed, the pearls, I have even incorporated the use of the tiniest ones on rounds disks or plaques for cupcakes).... absolutely incredible! And there is the use of them for chocolate... my seascape cakes using chocolate are breathtaking.... trust me you will love them and want to buy them non-stop as I have done. Give it a whirl! carries them, also just type in First Impression Molds and it comes up and you can see the entire catalog.
My best,
Mossymag

Now you've whetted our appetites -- pix woman, PIX!!! icon_lol.gif

terrig007 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
terrig007 Posted 13 Aug 2009 , 12:06am
post #13 of 16
Quote:

I am the best person to speak of First Impressions!.. I own 90% of them (haven't ordered the latest ones (YET!) for several years now and can only say they are well worth the money. My cakes have gone over the top with incorporating them. I can honestly say that I use the eacj and every one of them (i.e., baby, different holiday themed, the pearls, I have even incorporated the use of the tiniest ones on rounds disks or plaques for cupcakes).... absolutely incredible! And there is the use of them for chocolate... my seascape cakes using chocolate are breathtaking.... trust me you will love them and want to buy them non-stop as I have done. Give it a whirl! carries them, also just type in First Impression Molds and it comes up and you can see the entire catalog.
My best,
Mossymag

Hi,
I have a rather stupid question because I have been thinking about purchasing some of these and I was wondering do you put colored gumpaste/fondant in each section or do you make the rose or whatever and then airbrush.? I do okay with the ropes and pearls which I love but not sure about the other.
TIA
terri

Ruth0304 Posted 13 Aug 2009 , 12:53am
post #14 of 16
Quote:

My best,
Mossymag

YESSSS!! they do seem amazing I wish I could own so many of them, they are not cheap... ooohhh man I'm going to be in trouble because I'm know I'm going to be like you, addicted icon_wink.gif

pilates2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pilates2 Posted 13 Aug 2009 , 11:27am
post #15 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by terrig007

Quote:

My best,
Mossymag

Hi,
I have a rather stupid question because I have been thinking about purchasing some of these and I was wondering do you put colored gumpaste/fondant in each section or do you make the rose or whatever and then airbrush.? I do okay with the ropes and pearls which I love but not sure about the other.
TIA
terri

good question and not stupid.... I have mixed several colors using gumpaste and a mixture of fondant and tylose... you will see from the impression of the mold(s) (whichever mold you choose) how to use the different colors... I don't recommend roses this way... but encourage using the "rose bud mold center" from FI, then making your petals and affix to the bud... I prefer roses this way.. more deminsional. I like Nicholas Lodge's instructions on roses, making them in large or small sizes.. so roses with the exception of the smallest ones would not be a choice on a cake, but could be easily used.... again not a preference of mine. I use all the rose molds in combination of different styles of cakes. Nick also highly praises FI mold use in his dvd's and in his classes. I have taken these classes and the roses are just gorgeous. The molds facilitate any needs you have, produce a profesisonal cake.

terrig007 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
terrig007 Posted 14 Aug 2009 , 12:10am
post #16 of 16

Thank You because I was wondering abut that. I will look into that rosebud mold and go from there. I have seen some pictures where I thought the person had put in different colors for the rose, stem and leaves. I will look into a Nicholas Lodge DVD then too. I took a quick class with him last year after the cake show in MD. It was a lot of fun, just too fast.
Thank you again!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%