Pregnant Belly Cake (Help Needed) !!

Decorating By Wesha Updated 13 Aug 2009 , 6:53pm by Ahunt

Wesha Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Wesha Posted 12 Aug 2009 , 7:55pm
post #1 of 12

Hi Guys,

I am planning a baby shower for my big sister on August 29th. She likes the pregnant belly cake. How do I construct it? I have never made one before. Can someone please give me directions on how to make it?

thanks

Benisha

11 replies
nanikins Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nanikins Posted 12 Aug 2009 , 8:08pm
post #3 of 12

Sorry, got my bumps and rumps mixed up.

nanikins Posted 12 Aug 2009 , 8:13pm
post #4 of 12

OK. Try this:

It my be more help!

tesh_diggins Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tesh_diggins Posted 12 Aug 2009 , 8:19pm
post #5 of 12

When I made it, I used cupcakes for the boobs, and 1/2 of a sports ball pan for the belly. I iced it in buttercream and then put the fondant dress over it. It didn't seem like enough cake for me, so I used the rest of the cupcakes and decorated them to match the dress. Hope this helps.

Tesh icon_smile.gif

panchanewjersey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
panchanewjersey Posted 12 Aug 2009 , 8:34pm
post #6 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by teshdiggins

When I made it, I used cupcakes for the boobs, and 1/2 of a sports ball pan for the belly. I iced it in buttercream and then put the fondant dress over it. It didn't seem like enough cake for me, so I used the rest of the cupcakes and decorated them to match the dress. Hope this helps.

Tesh icon_smile.gif

Same here, 1/2 ball pan and cupcakes for boobs. Just put your cupcakes right above (on cake board not belly) the belly ice in bc and add your fondant. It looks harder than it really is. I made it to go on top of a half sheet cake, just the belly alone won't feed but 5-6 people. lol It's more for looks, in my opinion. You can see both in my photos, but there are tons here on cc, alot cuter than mines. Good luck.

flourpowerMN Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flourpowerMN Posted 12 Aug 2009 , 8:38pm
post #7 of 12

If you don't have the Wilton pan, you can use a large, oven-safe mixing bowl that has a fairly rounded bottom. You'll get the roundness back when you put on the BC. I wanted bigger chesty parts, so I used some small ceramic bowls...worked great! Just lube the pans/bowls up good with pan grease (1 c. flour+1 c. shortening+1 c. oil).

Then, roll out your fondant, cover, smooth & trim around the edges. I found this cake pretty easy to do...was my first time with a fondant-covered cake. Good luck!

Wesha Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Wesha Posted 13 Aug 2009 , 1:16pm
post #8 of 12

thanks Ladies, I want to use something bigger that the standard cupcake for the boobies as my sister is top heavy icon_biggrin.gif Any tips.

thanks again

Benisha

rainbow_kisses Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rainbow_kisses Posted 13 Aug 2009 , 2:53pm
post #9 of 12

if you want a top heavier bump cake i would use a 11/2lb pudding basin for the boobs and a 2lb basin for the bump. but everything else said in PP. icon_smile.gif

Dalicha Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dalicha Posted 13 Aug 2009 , 3:24pm
post #10 of 12

Well i used a 2 round pans # 5x3 for the top and a pan #10 for the belly or #8 all depend to how many people do you want to serve. Ok to make de belly look very real i used a bowl that resist heat (at the oven) only to make the belly very pointy like real one , and put it on the pan #10, put BC and the foundant. It's really beautifull I really recomend you this. you can see my belly at my photos i have done 3 before with this technique tha my proferssor theach me. hope be helpfull... and good luck!!!

flourpowerMN Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flourpowerMN Posted 13 Aug 2009 , 5:14pm
post #11 of 12

For bigger boobies, just use some small oven-safe bowls. Don't over-do it though or it will look out of proportion with your belly. Then again, you could always make the belly bigger too!

I also torted both the belly & the boobs and filled with lemon and raspberry filling...that will help with the "fullness" issue too. icon_biggrin.gif

Ahunt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ahunt Posted 13 Aug 2009 , 6:53pm
post #12 of 12

I made it using a pyrex bowl for the belly and then using my oven safe cereal bowls for the boobs. This gave me a lot more cake for all the people at the shower.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%