Drying Roses Made Of Royal Icing

Decorating By jscakes Updated 26 Aug 2005 , 2:45am by dandelion

jscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jscakes Posted 23 Aug 2005 , 2:50pm
post #1 of 7

I'm wondering if I am way behind the wagon here, but last night I tried something "new" to dry my roses made of royal icing.
I did use the "dowel" method making them, worked pretty good too, but I was having trouble getting them off the stick...so...I had my cooling rack close at hand and brought the stick through the rack and left the rose behind! I gave the stick a little twist as I pulled it through and they came off quite nice! thumbs_up.gif
This morning I gave a little tap from underneath the roses and they came right off! (I have the large non-stick cooling racks)
Why wouldn't that work the same way for BC roses using the waxed paper so it's easier to handle the BC icing? I'll be trying this next time I use BC to see how it works.
Has anyone else done this?

6 replies
ntertayneme Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ntertayneme Posted 24 Aug 2005 , 6:11pm
post #2 of 7

Hey, seems like a good idea to me ... have you tried the metal finger lifter? those work well too ...

debsuewoo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debsuewoo Posted 24 Aug 2005 , 6:13pm
post #3 of 7

metal finger lifter?

Debbi

gma1956 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gma1956 Posted 24 Aug 2005 , 6:15pm
post #4 of 7

Sound like a great idea. I will try the cooling rack myself next time I make royal icing roses. When I make Buttercream, however, I just immediatly place them on the cake as I make them.

Hazelnut Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Hazelnut Posted 24 Aug 2005 , 8:50pm
post #5 of 7

I use wax paper. I stick the wax paper on the stick and push it down. Then I make the rose as usual. I pull the wax paper up, along with the rose.

You can do this with buttercream too.

Good luck,
Haz

dandelion Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dandelion Posted 25 Aug 2005 , 12:26am
post #6 of 7

maybe i'm confused but... won't the rose fall/sag through the holes in the cooling rack?
my cooking rack is for cookies and things of the sort... is there a special cooling rack escpecially for roses?

dandelion Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dandelion Posted 26 Aug 2005 , 2:45am
post #7 of 7

please provide info! i'd like to make some roses to put on cookies for my sisters birthday. TIA!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%