What Are The Dimesnions For Half Sheets And Full Sheets????

Decorating By Kelly0718 Updated 12 Aug 2009 , 8:51pm by indydebi

Kelly0718 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kelly0718 Posted 12 Aug 2009 , 6:21pm
post #1 of 3

I have to make a bday cake for a friend and they need a full sheet.....don't know what size pans I need for this????

2 replies
Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 12 Aug 2009 , 6:34pm
post #2 of 3

Well...everybody has their own version of sheet cake sizes..even grocery stores...I don't call them half or full I just ask the customer how many they plan to feed and then suggest a size.Here is the thread in the template area...

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1300481

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 12 Aug 2009 , 8:51pm
post #3 of 3

Kiddiekakes is right .... I refuse to use the terms "half" or "full'. I find it so humorous, when someone asks "How much for a full sheet?", then I ask THEM, "How big is a full sheet cake?" and they respond, "I dont' know."

YOU JUST ORDERED ONE, YA BIG MORON, AND YA DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT YOU JUST ORDERED????????????????? icon_eek.gif

You tell me how many people you need to feed and I'll tell you how big of a cake you need.

A bit of history on how the terms came about. Commercial bakeries would use baking sheets of 18x24 dimensions. If they cut it in half, they now had two 12x18 (i.e. "Half" sheet). Cut the 18x24 in quarters and you have four 9x12 (i.e. 9x13-ish aka quarter sheet).

I think the 11x15 is one that Wilton just made up! icon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%