Whipped Ganache With Nutella?

Baking By carolynM Updated 12 Aug 2009 , 6:52pm by carolynM

carolynM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
carolynM Posted 12 Aug 2009 , 1:13pm
post #1 of 8

I'd like to combine whipped ganache with Nutella for my cake filling. Has anyone done this? Will it give me a nice, light texture? I have a batch of Ganache I waiting for me at room temp. What's the best way to proceed?

7 replies
Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 12 Aug 2009 , 1:30pm
post #2 of 8

the concept sounds delicious.

having never tried it, I would say experiment.

say take a cup of ganache and start mixing in the Nutella say a TBS at a time and see what happens.

If nothing else, "quality control" will be most fun, delicious, oh and fattening! icon_rolleyes.gif

mjk350 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mjk350 Posted 12 Aug 2009 , 1:40pm
post #3 of 8

It does sound delish. Please post your results. Would love to know. I just love Nutella.

sweetcravings Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcravings Posted 12 Aug 2009 , 1:59pm
post #4 of 8

Anything with nutella would be fabulous in my book ;0). Never tried this, but i don't see why it wouldn't work. I would probably start whipping up the ganache and then slowly add nutella, little by little till you get the flavor you are looking for. I would think you would have to add quite a bit to actually taste it in the ganache. I would even trying whipping the nutella first and see if you could encorporate enough air into it to get the same texture. Hmmm how about whipping up some whipping cream and addding the nutella to that? That would be great too..now you've got my mind thinking, and my mouth watering. lol Good luck and let us know what happens. ;0)

Jaimelt76 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jaimelt76 Posted 12 Aug 2009 , 2:04pm
post #5 of 8

I just tried this last week and wasted a full jar of nutella. The chocolate ganache was made with semi- sweet chocolate and dark and it masked out the taste of the nutella.
Do a search for nutella ganache and a couple recipes will come up to make ganache with just the nutella. I found this out after I tried to make it with whipped ganache.

carolynM Posted 12 Aug 2009 , 4:10pm
post #6 of 8

Hmmm. Well, I sure don't want to waste a jar of Nutella! Maybe I should just pick up a small bottle of Frangelico and incorporate some of that into the whipped ganache.

sweetcravings Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcravings Posted 12 Aug 2009 , 6:05pm
post #7 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaimelt76

I just tried this last week and wasted a full jar of nutella. The chocolate ganache was made with semi- sweet chocolate and dark and it masked out the taste of the nutella.
Do a search for nutella ganache and a couple recipes will come up to make ganache with just the nutella. I found this out after I tried to make it with whipped ganache.

good to know. thumbs_up.gif I kinda figured it would get lost in the richness of the ganache.Why waste soooo much nutella, and still not taste it right. Man i love that stuff. I can eat it by the spoonful. icon_smile.gif

carolynM Posted 12 Aug 2009 , 6:52pm
post #8 of 8

I can too. And have!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%