post #1 of 6

hi
can I put buttercream over a mudcake?

thanx

5 replies
mrsmudrash Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrsmudrash Posted 12 Aug 2009 , 9:43pm
post #2 of 6

Yes, for sure! icon_smile.gif I make chocolate mudcake all the time and use SMBC or the powdered sugar buttercream in between each layer...it's YUUUMMY! icon_smile.gif

PamelaB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PamelaB Posted 13 Aug 2009 , 4:59pm
post #3 of 6

What Mudcake recipe do you use? I've been wanting to try that.

CakeMakar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeMakar Posted 13 Aug 2009 , 5:04pm
post #4 of 6

What's a mudcake supposed to be like? I tried to follow a recipe on here and it came out like a brownie. It tasted good with buttercream, though.

mrsmudrash Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrsmudrash Posted 13 Aug 2009 , 8:39pm
post #5 of 6

Here is the recipe I use...

http://hubpages.com/hub/Best-Ever-Mud-Cake-Recipe

There are lots of variations too...white mudcake, carmel mudcake, etc. When I make the chocolate version I substitute coffee for the water. And, when I do the white mudcake version, I use milk for the water. You need a scale to measure all the ingredients because it doesn't really transfer over to ounces.

Also, a key with the mudcake is that it truly does taste better between the 3rd to 5th day after you've made it. Somehow all the flavors mix together wonderfully. When I've made the chocolate version, right out of the oven I can really taste/smell the coffee...but two or three days later, you can't taste/smell the coffee anymore.

Store the cakes in the fridge and make sure you bring them to room temp before serving.

sweetpea333 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetpea333 Posted 7 Sep 2009 , 3:16am
post #6 of 6

Sorry that I didnt get back to you
thankyou for your reply's.

I use this mudcake recipe...
http://www.exclusivelyfood.com.au/2006/07/chocolate-mud-cake-recipe.html

I use 1/2 dark choc and 1/2 white choc in the cake.I also use the substitute (listed) instead of the buttermilk. Very nice tasting.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%