Crazy/absured Requests From Brides

Decorating By foodguy Updated 11 Aug 2009 , 9:48pm by costumeczar

foodguy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
foodguy Posted 11 Aug 2009 , 9:29pm
post #1 of 4

I was just thinking about one of the last wedding cakes that I made before retiring....kind of made me glad I was getting out of the business.

The obsessive bride came and picked out the wedding cake, and in a few days had a relative call and ask if I would be willing to make a cake like the one that she ordered so that she could see exactly what it would look like in person. She wanted to see if it was truly the one she wanted. I told them that I'd happily be willing to make the cake, but it would be an another $600 as it would be considered another wedding cake order.

The relative called back and said that the Bride didn't want to spend the money. She was very dissappointed though, as she thought that I'd be willing to do it as a gesture for good customer service.

3 replies
CakeMommyTX Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeMommyTX Posted 11 Aug 2009 , 9:38pm
post #2 of 4

Lol, people are crazy sometimes....I'm thinking about having a custom house built, do you think the builder will build me one to my exact specifications so I can see if it's really the house I want?

ATCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ATCakes Posted 11 Aug 2009 , 9:45pm
post #3 of 4

Boy talk about trying to get something for nothing!!!

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 11 Aug 2009 , 9:48pm
post #4 of 4

That's too funny...I've had people ask me if I would make them a smaller version of the cake beforehand so they can "approve" it (no I won't), but never a full-sized version!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%