Palm Trees

Decorating By n_manges Updated 11 Aug 2009 , 9:11pm by tonedna

n_manges Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
n_manges Posted 11 Aug 2009 , 5:17pm
post #1 of 4

How do I make palm trees using buttercream for a baby shower jungle cake? icon_confused.gif

3 replies
Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 11 Aug 2009 , 5:20pm
post #2 of 4

Do you just want to make them on the side of a cake? If so they are very easy....Start with the tree trunk.I use tip 10 and make it fat and sort of curved.Then I use tip 1 and zigzag up the tree trunk.For the palm leaves I use a wide leaf tip and pipe about 5-6 leaves going out in a curve.Then I go back and fill them in to make them bushier.Have a look in my photos at my first birthday safari cake I think I piped palm trees on there.HTH

BeeBoos-8599_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BeeBoos-8599_ Posted 11 Aug 2009 , 8:58pm
post #3 of 4

Well, I cannot help with making them from buttercream but I use tootsie rolls that have been warmed for just a few seconds then mold them into the shape I want. If I was putting them comming up the side of a tier i roll them out cut out the shape I want then use a zig zag edge and add the layers to the trunk. The frawns are just leafs of fondand or you can make them from BC. There is a jungle cake in my photos that has palm trees on it.

tonedna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonedna Posted 11 Aug 2009 , 9:11pm
post #4 of 4

I use a start tip and do them on the side of the cake too..And then with a big leaf tip I do the Palms..
They are very easy to do.
Edna icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%