An Ideas For A Grand Canyon Theme???

Decorating By Snotface14 Updated 11 Aug 2009 , 10:17am by Snotface14

Snotface14 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Snotface14 Posted 10 Aug 2009 , 9:21am
post #1 of 5

I've been asked tonight to make a large square carrot cake with cream cheese icing for a males 21st/leaving party cake.

Its a friend of my Mum's organizing the cake as the guy doesn't have any faimly apparently and she wanted to do something nice but she really doesn't know much about his hobbies etc.

Anyhoo he's is leaving NZ to go and work as a guide at the Grand Canyon to being his travels abroad and I thought maybe with the cream cheese icing being a similar color (ok not really!) maybe I could theme something around this but now have no idea where to start?

Any help would be more appreciated that you would believe!!!

TIA Andi icon_confused.gif

4 replies
CakeMakar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeMakar Posted 10 Aug 2009 , 10:02am
post #2 of 5

Funny screen name! icon_biggrin.gif

Can you do a canyon cake? Leave a big gap in the middle of a tall cake - decorate with a little figure of the guide. Perhaps leading a horse or ? You can add trees, animals...the river on the bottom.

If you were closer to him I thought maybe have a red heart, with the crack down the center decorated as the Grand Canyon. I know you're not, but throwing another one out there.

Snotface14 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Snotface14 Posted 11 Aug 2009 , 10:17am
post #5 of 5

Oh thanks heaps some great ideas there!!!!!

Yeah it's hard when you can't even picture what they want you to do, while lying in bed last night I thought it might just be easier to make a suitcase and do stickers over it depicting different things so now I don't know what to do hmmmmm icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%