Where To Buy Centre Dowels

Decorating By MissCakeCrazy Updated 10 Aug 2009 , 12:16pm by Deb_

MissCakeCrazy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MissCakeCrazy Posted 10 Aug 2009 , 9:09am
post #1 of 2

I have only seen the normal dowels which you help to support the cakes sold in the normal cake decorating shops in London. Where would I find the large dowel to drill through the centre? Does anyone know of any sites?

1 reply
Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 10 Aug 2009 , 12:16pm
post #2 of 2

I buy mine at our "craft" type stores here in the US, or "hardware" type stores. I'm not sure if there are any sites that sell them.

How long are the dowels that you use for supporting your tiers? Here in the US we can get the real long (3' I believe) and cut them to size. They're just common wooden dowels that come in different widths.

Quote by @%username% on %date%