Tool Boxes

Decorating By MissCakeCrazy Updated 10 Aug 2009 , 12:48pm by snshin1993

MissCakeCrazy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MissCakeCrazy Posted 10 Aug 2009 , 8:35am
post #1 of 7

I have a basic tool box which I am now unable to shut as I have too much cake decorating stuff in it. It is also very disorganized as I just chuck everything in. Does anyone know of any useful sites that I can buy a proper craft box with compartmants for colourings etc.. Do these boxes have a special name?

6 replies
indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 10 Aug 2009 , 12:03pm
post #2 of 7

I would skip the craft stores and go straight to a hardware store to get a real toolbox. Craft stores tend to stock the "cute and pretty" stuff for "girls" ..... not designed for real workers with real tools and real needs of real space. If you have that much stuff, it's time to upgrade from cutesy to a real working storage box! thumbs_up.gif

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 10 Aug 2009 , 12:06pm
post #3 of 7

I have a plastic cart with 7 drawers, on wheels, that I keep my cake stuff in, except for my yucky Wilton colors, which I keep in a clear plastic shoebox so I can clean it up easily when they leak. The cart was cheap and I can roll it into the kitchen when I need it. It works well because the top drawers are shallow so it's easy to find my cutters and gumpaste tools. The bottom drawers are deep enough for my candy molds and mats and boxes of disposable bags, etc...

I also have a toolbox (from the hardware dept) that I use for an emergency kit when I take a cake somewhere.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 10 Aug 2009 , 12:23pm
post #4 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas_Rose

I also have a toolbox (from the hardware dept) that I use for an emergency kit when I take a cake somewhere.

Good idea also. I have a 3-compartment caddy that holds my camera, a bag of icing, my spatula, ribbon, scissors and some extra tips. I think I found it in the bathroom aisle (great for carrying soaps/shampoos from your dorm room to the community shower!)

newnancy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
newnancy Posted 10 Aug 2009 , 12:27pm
post #5 of 7

I have a fishing tackle box that that I also use,has a lot of little compartments.

FullHouse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FullHouse Posted 10 Aug 2009 , 12:36pm
post #6 of 7

I use the Wilton toolbox for my tips, frosting bags & Wilton colors. A shoebox sized rubbermaid for my Americolor colors and the plastic cart with drawers for the rest of my tools, works pretty well for me. My huge walk in pantry that I thought I would never fill now has shelves overflowing with ingredients, cake pans, cake drums and boxes.

snshin1993 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
snshin1993 Posted 10 Aug 2009 , 12:48pm
post #7 of 7

I use a fishing tackle box....it seems to work well

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%