When To Use Wet Strips?

Decorating By CakeJediChic Updated 10 Aug 2009 , 1:46pm by millermom

CakeJediChic Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeJediChic Posted 9 Aug 2009 , 12:46am
post #1 of 11

So I have The wet strips so your cake bakes evenly on the sides. For what size cakes do I use them on? Would I even need them on a 6" cake? or only bigger ones? thanks

10 replies
mrscromer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrscromer Posted 9 Aug 2009 , 1:10am
post #2 of 11

I've tried it on a 6inch round and it didn't work out very well for me. I would suggest 8 and larger. But that's my opinion. Too each their own.

CakeJediChic Posted 9 Aug 2009 , 1:12am
post #3 of 11

did your cake turn out too wet? i tried them once on 6in and the cake was soggy.

millermom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
millermom Posted 9 Aug 2009 , 1:13am
post #4 of 11

I use them on every size. I just wish they would work on shapes like hearts icon_sad.gif

mrscromer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrscromer Posted 9 Aug 2009 , 1:16am
post #5 of 11

I got soggy too. That's why I wouldn't use it again on a 6 inch round. icon_smile.gif

CakeJediChic Posted 9 Aug 2009 , 1:18am
post #6 of 11

lol i just threw some 6" in with the strips and they are still soggy. off the strips go and back in the cakes go! hopefully it doesnt ruin them and they will set up. im not sure why i didnt wait until i got a response to decided whether to use them or not: dumb me! thanks!!

tonedna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonedna Posted 9 Aug 2009 , 1:22am
post #7 of 11

I use them mostly in bigger cakes. 10 an up. I dont think it makes a huge difference in smaller ones.
Edna :O

Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 9 Aug 2009 , 2:27am
post #8 of 11

I use them on any size as well. I stopped using them because my really moist cake recipe is getting too moist.

Gingoodies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Gingoodies Posted 9 Aug 2009 , 2:51am
post #9 of 11

millermom, I have used the strips on shaped pans. You just have to fiddle with them a little and use an extra pin to keep them on. I had a good result using them on a heart shaped pan.

kakedreamer1212 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakedreamer1212 Posted 9 Aug 2009 , 2:57am
post #10 of 11

I stopped using them on 4 and 6 inch cakes because they were taking to long to cook and still were to wet when takin out of oven. I also wondered how many people were really using them. Sometimes I'll take the strip off the pan while the cake is still baking (close to the end) because it seems to me they are taking longer with the strips.

millermom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
millermom Posted 10 Aug 2009 , 1:46pm
post #11 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingoodies

millermom, I have used the strips on shaped pans. You just have to fiddle with them a little and use an extra pin to keep them on. I had a good result using them on a heart shaped pan.

That's good to hear. I'll have to play with them some more. I have had good results with them every time on round and square pans. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%