Black Frosting? (Need Help Fast)

Decorating By akoroush3149 Updated 8 Aug 2009 , 1:32am by cylstrial

akoroush3149 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
akoroush3149 Posted 7 Aug 2009 , 11:44pm
post #1 of 5

Ok so I've never made black bc frosting before but this is rediculous! I have the gel food coloring and am adding it to chocolate frosting a little bit at a time. By the time I get it to a dark grey, it tastes discusting. Can someone help me make black frosting that still tastes good?

4 replies
diane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diane Posted 8 Aug 2009 , 12:10am
post #2 of 5

what brand are you using?? icon_confused.gif

some brands are better at getting a dark color than others.

also, remember after icing sets for a while, it will get darker than it appears. thumbs_up.gif

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 8 Aug 2009 , 12:42am
post #3 of 5

Welcome to Cake Central!

Americolor is your answer. You don't have to use as much, and you will get a very dark color. And you can't taste it. Plus, it comes in a squirt bottle, so you don't have to use a toothpick.

But I don't know how soon you need it. It sounds like you need it pretty soon. Good luck!

akoroush3149 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
akoroush3149 Posted 8 Aug 2009 , 12:58am
post #4 of 5

I have the wilton brand. And yes I need it by tomorrow. I didn't think of it but my mom said to try dark chocolate, so I went and got some and I didn't realize how dark it already was so I'm going to try that. Thank you for the advice. I'm going to go though so I can get this cake done. icon_smile.gif

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 8 Aug 2009 , 1:32am
post #5 of 5

Oh yes! Start with dark chocolate frosting and then add black. That will help you out A TON! Good luck! Hope it turns out great!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%