Originally Posted by d3sc3n7

got my welcome letter yesterday!

welcome ! icon_smile.gif

CarrieBear Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CarrieBear Posted 28 Oct 2009 , 4:08pm
post #662 of 716
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brenda0217

I had to set up on the cause page on facebook, I don't have a website of my own like the other girls do, but I am listed on the main website at free cakes for kids in the state of PA, I use my home email address, I have mine, CS, mindy and saberger listed on the cause page, we all are admin. but if you want I will see if I can list yours under the page of where we tell who we are, do you have a link? or website of your own for free cakes for kids? you can find me on facebook by typing in Brenda Reitz Wood

I think you can get a fairly affordable website from vistaprint, I think ours is 5-10$ a year? I think thats what the other organizer told me.

saberger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
saberger Posted 30 Oct 2009 , 2:54am
post #663 of 716

I want to let all volunteers know that I set up a support group for FCFK on Facebook. It is ONLY for volunteers, so if you haven't joined us yet, please find us! Do a search for Free Cakes For Kids Support Group

CarrieBear Posted 30 Oct 2009 , 11:57am
post #664 of 716
Quote:
Originally Posted by saberger

I want to let all volunteers know that I set up a support group for FCFK on Facebook. It is ONLY for volunteers, so if you haven't joined us yet, please find us! Do a search for Free Cakes For Kids Support Group

Im on there! great Idea Sabrina icon_smile.gif

CarrieBear Posted 30 Oct 2009 , 12:00pm
post #665 of 716

Finished my first cake last night for FCFK! its the halloween cake in my pics. Its for their Halloween party today at the shelter near me. They have about 6 kids and 5 moms there right now.

Got an email from a girl whos nabor lost her job and the little boy is having his 3rd birthday on Monday, and wanted to know If I can do a cake... well too short of notice for me to bake one, but I told her I can purchase one and bring it over to the lady on Sunday.

saberger Posted 30 Oct 2009 , 3:17pm
post #666 of 716

I don't know if anyone still checks this forum, but I have three requests in states that I don't cover. One is in Cosby, TN; another in Orlando, FL; and another in Caledonia, MS.
Is anyone in any of those areas?!?!?!

CarrieBear Posted 4 Nov 2009 , 8:27pm
post #667 of 716

so I have my 3rd cake due next week for FCFK,well cupcakes this time I should say...

He is going to be 7 he wants strawberry cupcakes with chocolate frosting, interesting..?

and he likes dinosaurs and superhero's... going to be an intersting one

icon_lol.gif

cakesmade4u Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesmade4u Posted 4 Nov 2009 , 9:14pm
post #668 of 716

I'm still waiting for them to e-mail or call me it has been since september when I sent my application in... Anyone in the same boat? maybe a good thing my family has birthdays all this month.. icon_cry.gif

cs_confections Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cs_confections Posted 4 Nov 2009 , 9:21pm
post #669 of 716

cakesmade4u - Toni had a computer virus recently and probably lost your application. She posted a new email address and explanation at the top of the main page of www.freecakesforkids.com. You may want to resend it to her new email address and send a copy to Mischell, as well.

Good luck!!

edited - I just went to their website and it looks like they must be working on it right now. I hadn't saved her new email address, yet. Maybe someone else has seen it and saved and can send it to you. Or check their website later to see if it is back up.

cakesmade4u Posted 4 Nov 2009 , 9:27pm
post #670 of 716

Yes If Any one has it please let me know thanks... icon_smile.gif

CarrieBear Posted 4 Nov 2009 , 9:34pm
post #671 of 716

I dont have Toni's new one right now becuase , yeah it looks like the site is being worked on or something?

but I have Mischell's

its

[email protected]

and they have advised that due to the number of requests that it may take them some time to reply as well.

once the site is back up, in the mean time I would see if there is any one else in your area who is a chapter organizer that you can contact to get their information to get started. Unless you are going to be a chapter organizer for your area. After your application is accepted, there isnt much information given on how to get started. If you need any help there is plenty here.

cakesmade4u Posted 4 Nov 2009 , 9:43pm
post #672 of 716

I have found 2 in Colorado but not in the area close to me but I may contact them in case they find people in my area to send over to me...That may work for now.. thumbs_up.gif Should I resend my application?

CarrieBear Posted 4 Nov 2009 , 9:53pm
post #673 of 716
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakesmade4u

I have found 2 in Colorado but not in the area close to me but I may contact them in case they find people in my area to send over to me...That may work for now.. thumbs_up.gif Should I resend my application?

yeah I would just resend it, incase it did get lost, because Toni lost all her info. You can send it to Mischell and she can take it and then if she needs forward it to anyone else that has a need to know.

yeah great idea! to contact the two others and let them know where you are incase they get requests for your area.
Then you can start contacting places that might need cakes.

some ideas:
local churches, womens/family/homeless shelters, food shelves, social workers at schools, local United Way chapters, Big Brother/Big Sister organizations, Department of Social & Health Services, local soup kitchens, rescue missions

I contacted the local united way in the twin cities here and they gave me a list of organizations they work with that fit the categories that we would provide cakes to such as womens shelters, homeless shelters etc.

cakesmade4u Posted 4 Nov 2009 , 9:59pm
post #674 of 716

Ok thanks so much I will keep checking here for support thanks again... thumbs_up.gificon_smile.gif

CarrieBear Posted 4 Nov 2009 , 10:01pm
post #675 of 716

in MN we created these things for our chapter:

business cards - to spread the word

website- to advertise potential recepients, volunteers, donations

flyer - we email and pass out to potential groups/organizations in need of cakes

a list of Guidelines- send to organizations to let them know what we expect from them and how FCFK works

a new member document - we send to our new memebers on how our chapter runs and what is expected of them

birthday cake request form- we send to organizations when they request a cake

Reciept form - we give to people when they make donations such as supplies, gift cards etc. (for people who donate money to your chapter and who want a reciept those must go through the main organization and they will then mail you the amount)

These are all things the other chapter organizer and I created for our chapter, since these things are not given out when you join. just some ideas.

cakesmade4u Posted 4 Nov 2009 , 10:21pm
post #676 of 716
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarrieBear

in MN we created these things for our chapter:

business cards - to spread the word

website- to advertise potential recepients, volunteers, donations

flyer - we email and pass out to potential groups/organizations in need of cakes

a list of Guidelines- send to organizations to let them know what we expect from them and how FCFK works

a new member document - we send to our new memebers on how our chapter runs and what is expected of them

birthday cake request form- we send to organizations when they request a cake

Reciept form - we give to people when they make donations such as supplies, gift cards etc. (for people who donate money to your chapter and who want a reciept those must go through the main organization and they will then mail you the amount)

These are all things the other chapter organizer and I created for our chapter, since these things are not given out when you join. just some ideas.

So where do we get copies of this info? or do we have to come up with or own? TIA

CarrieBear Posted 4 Nov 2009 , 10:24pm
post #677 of 716

we made everything up on our own, except the reciept form which i got from another member and changed the info to ours.

CarrieBear Posted 4 Nov 2009 , 10:28pm
post #678 of 716

oh.. and we also made a 'yahoo group' for our chapter to keep in contact with eachother,post recipes, polls, pics,list of available supplies,member contact info, chapter documents like all the ones i listed where people in the chapter can download them if needed. and other info.

it works pretty good to keep every thing for our chapter in once place and organized.

let me know if you need anything, ill help where I can.

icon_smile.gif

cakesmade4u Posted 4 Nov 2009 , 10:34pm
post #679 of 716

Can you e-mail me samples of what you have so I get some Idea and possibly use some? TIA

saberger Posted 5 Nov 2009 , 3:38pm
post #680 of 716

Sorry I haven't been able to post in a while.....been super busy with so many different things. Let me see if I can help at all.

Cakesmade4u- did you get Toni's new email address? It's [email protected] Did you get approved yet?

Also, I know that Toni is changing the application and the fliers around. After she emails them to me, I will post them on our support group on facebook for any volunteers to use (search for Free Cakes For Kids Support Group). I can email you the current ones if you'd like in the meantime. Also, my signature here has the FAQ's for your reference (which I also have to update a bit). Hope this helps.

Hope everyone else is well!!!

CarrieBear Posted 5 Nov 2009 , 6:05pm
post #681 of 716
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakesmade4u

Can you e-mail me samples of what you have so I get some Idea and possibly use some? TIA

please PM me your email

thanks!

~Carrie

madgeowens Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
madgeowens Posted 6 Nov 2009 , 6:16am
post #682 of 716

I had my first e mail about making a little boy a cake. I didnt even know they put me on the list. I sent in application but was waiting to hear. It must have went to spam. The main free cakes for kids site is down last couple days. I am the only volunteer for about I think 100 or so miles . I am in Pa. i wanted to know what I can do to get the word out..........I feel like I should be doing more ...can someone e mail me at [email protected] and tell me how to get a good site and anything else you cam share...thanks

CarrieBear Posted 6 Nov 2009 , 4:01pm
post #683 of 716
Quote:
Originally Posted by madgeowens

I had my first e mail about making a little boy a cake. I didnt even know they put me on the list. I sent in application but was waiting to hear. It must have went to spam. The main free cakes for kids site is down last couple days. I am the only volunteer for about I think 100 or so miles . I am in Pa. i wanted to know what I can do to get the word out..........I feel like I should be doing more ...can someone e mail me at [email protected] and tell me how to get a good site and anything else you cam share...thanks

I emailed you some ideas of places to look for people who need cakes

icon_smile.gif

madgeowens Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
madgeowens Posted 7 Nov 2009 , 4:37am
post #684 of 716

thanks....I will check it out

cakesweetiecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesweetiecake Posted 8 Nov 2009 , 6:38pm
post #685 of 716
Quote:
Originally Posted by saberger

Thanks for posting this! I just sent a friend request to join!!

suz3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
suz3 Posted 19 Nov 2009 , 9:06pm
post #686 of 716

I think I might have found an organization to work with. It's called Vision Upward. They bring kids in from the community monthly and provide a meal, activities,bible study etc. We are talking now about what would be the best way to make this work. I'm so excited. They bring in about 100 kids a month.

deanna_cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
deanna_cake Posted 20 Nov 2009 , 4:05pm
post #687 of 716

yay! I finally signed up to start helping out in my area.

deanna_cake Posted 20 Nov 2009 , 4:07pm
post #688 of 716

deanna_cake Posted 20 Nov 2009 , 4:18pm
post #689 of 716

CarrieBear Posted 20 Nov 2009 , 9:56pm
post #690 of 716

here are a couple Idea for people having problems finding organizations to help

Volunteers of America:
they work with all kinds of organizations that help women,children,families

http://www.voa.org/

CASA-case appointed special advocates, for children

http://www.casaforchildren.org/site/c.mtJSJ7MPIsE/b.5301295/k.BE9A/Home.htm

United Way- you can contact your local branch and request a list of organizations they work with like shelers and programs related to helping children and families

http://www.liveunited.org/

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%