Have I Lost My Mind???

Decorating By poohthebear Updated 7 Aug 2009 , 6:19pm by Rylan

poohthebear Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
poohthebear Posted 7 Aug 2009 , 12:39pm
post #1 of 7

Help! I don't know if I have lost my mind or just dreamt this. Wasn't there a thread about using a whipped ganache under fondant covered cakes? I've looked hi and low and can't find it. I thought it would nice to use on a chocolate cake and instead of fondant I was going to use rolled bc, will that work?

6 replies
MikeRowesHunny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MikeRowesHunny Posted 7 Aug 2009 , 12:54pm
post #2 of 7

No you haven't lost your mind. I created a thread about it. I can't find it now though because the 'my forum posts' button has disappeared, but if you go to my profile and look though my recent posts, the thread is in there.

I don't see why rolled buttercream wouldn't work, but you don't use whipped ganache, it must be setting ganache which is a different composition.

HTH!

poohthebear Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
poohthebear Posted 7 Aug 2009 , 1:09pm
post #3 of 7

MikeRoweshunny guess what can't access it thru your profile either. It will only show your last posts, and when I try and go back a page there is nothing there. What is going on??? I can't pull recipes up either.

LadyG33 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 7 Aug 2009 , 1:25pm
post #5 of 7

Don't worry - Jackie and Heath will fix it soon.

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 7 Aug 2009 , 1:53pm
post #6 of 7

Rolled buttercream is not a good cake covering--it has no stretch or give like fondant that contains gelatin. Therefore it will tear and not conform to the cake--it will more conform to gravity.

It's great for accents and flat things like cookies. But I think it might break your heart trying to get it on a cake like you can put fondant on a cake.

I'm not saying it can't be done I'm saying it'd be tough.

Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 7 Aug 2009 , 6:19pm
post #7 of 7

I've never thought of using whipped ganache under fondant. Hmm I wonder how it works.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%