Rum Cake Recipe?

Baking By Libberator3000 Updated 7 Aug 2009 , 4:47pm by Libberator3000

Libberator3000 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Libberator3000 Posted 7 Aug 2009 , 5:51am
post #1 of 4

I'm looking for a rum cake recipe without nuts or chocolate or fruit. Just rum. icon_smile.gif And...is there a syrup that you can make with rum that you can brush on and make it extra rummy? ...and hopefully it will stand up under fondant. (Hmmmm.. Rum+fondant=yucky??)

3 replies
linedancer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
linedancer Posted 7 Aug 2009 , 11:09am
post #2 of 4

Here is the rum cake recipe I always use. The nuts can be optional. It is very good and easy to make. I now use Captain Morgan spiced rum, but have made it many times with Bacardi. I also use water, not milk.

HTH

http://baking.about.com/od/bundtcakes/r/bacardirum.htm

edited to add: I didn't see the fondant part...I wouldn't use it. This is such a good cake as is. Just my .02 k8memphis, your coconut, brown sugar and nuts sound yummy. I love rum cake too, but haven't make one for quite a while icon_sad.gif

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 7 Aug 2009 , 11:16am
post #3 of 4

I just use the Bacardi recipe. I toast coconut and combine that with some brown sugar and chopped nuts--this is all a fine texture and I mix in some flour and I press that into the sides & bottom of the greased pan. Then all that juju bakes into the outside of the cake, mmmm.

And the Bacardi recipe has the glaze--you need to make the glaze and pour it on right away'cause it does set up. Bacardi has a chocoalte and a vanilla recipe.

I love rum cake!

Libberator3000 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Libberator3000 Posted 7 Aug 2009 , 4:47pm
post #4 of 4

Awesome! Thanks you two! So, fondant is a no... I agree...I love rum cake by itself, and I hate covering it, but Im making a shaped cake for a rum cake lover and I was trying to do both...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%