Satin Ice Fondant??? ...

Decorating By Mikel79 Updated 6 Aug 2009 , 2:12pm by goddessa12

Mikel79 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mikel79 Posted 6 Aug 2009 , 1:25pm
post #1 of 5

Hi All!!

I have always used Wilton fondant in the past, but don't care for the taste. No matter the amount of flavoring I use. I love Wilton products and use them all the time. I still use Wilton for fondant cut outs on my cakes. I am wanting to try something new for a fondant covered cake.

Does Satin Ice smooth easily? Does it tend to crack, sag or tear easily? How does it taste? Any suggestions and tips would be appreciated.

Thank You
=)

4 replies
cupcakelady64 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakelady64 Posted 6 Aug 2009 , 1:37pm
post #2 of 5

I don't care for the taste of Wilton fondant. icon_sad.gif

Satin Ice DOES taste better than Wilton. icon_smile.gif Although it tears easily and sticks to everything!

But Fondarific tastes better than Satin Ice. thumbs_up.gif It is very easy to work with, but is higher in cost.

And MMF from CC tastes better than Fondarific. Very ecomonical, too!! thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gificon_biggrin.gif Last night was my first batch, came out great, excited to actually decorate with it tonight!!

Janette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Janette Posted 6 Aug 2009 , 1:46pm
post #3 of 5

I liked Satin Ice but cupcakelady is right MMF is so much better and you can't complain about the price.

Uniqueask Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Uniqueask Posted 6 Aug 2009 , 1:50pm
post #4 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupcakelady64

I don't care for the taste of Wilton fondant. icon_sad.gif

DOES taste better than Wilton. icon_smile.gif Although it tears easily and sticks to everything!

But Fondarific tastes better than . thumbs_up.gif It is very easy to work with, but is higher in cost.

And MMF from CC tastes better than Fondarific. Very ecomonical, too!! thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gificon_biggrin.gif Last night was my first batch, came out great, excited to actually decorate with it tonight!!

Fondarific can be found on Global Sugar Art for less than on fondarific's site but you can buy samples on their site if you want to try it first, Also they are great reviews on here for Michelle Foster's Fondant and was said it is easier to make than mmf http://www.cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-7446-Michele-Fosters-Fondant.html I hope this link works I was told making fondant is very cost effective, so I will be trying my first batch today

goddessa12 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
goddessa12 Posted 6 Aug 2009 , 2:12pm
post #5 of 5

I make Michele Fosters fondant and I've found it's easier to work with and easier to make than MMF. It tastes great and i even forgot to add any flavoring and it still tasted great. The only expensive-ish part was the glycerin and that's only because i had to buy wilton.
Just my 2 cents icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%