Marzipan

Decorating By MissCakeCrazy Updated 6 Aug 2009 , 4:20pm by bashini

MissCakeCrazy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MissCakeCrazy Posted 6 Aug 2009 , 10:04am
post #1 of 4

The traditional wedding cake in the UK is a fruit cake covered in Marzipan, then either royal icing or fondant. If I were to make a chocolate or a carrot cake, will Marzipan go with these too or do I have to use something else? Am not sure if the taste of the Marzian will be too overpowering when using a carrot cake etc...

3 replies
kimreed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimreed Posted 6 Aug 2009 , 11:01am
post #2 of 4

Hi, I recently did a carrot cake for a wedding and because I was worried about it collapsing as the laying on the top of this cake were a lemon and vanilla, I did use marzipan, and the taste did not overpower the carrot cake at all. Also it made it much easier to put the fondant on top of that and created an even surface. The feedback from the wedding was that the cake tasted lovely.

brincess_b Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brincess_b Posted 6 Aug 2009 , 4:10pm
post #3 of 4

its up to you you could marzipan (you do get chocolate ones), use buttercream - cream cheese is popular with carrot cake, and you could also use ganache on chocolate cake.
usually it wouldnt be marzipan you use, so if you want to stick with that, then i would check with the customer.
xx

bashini Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bashini Posted 6 Aug 2009 , 4:20pm
post #4 of 4

Hi there, you can use marzipan on carrot cake. There are loads of decorators who use marzipan on all their cakes, even chocolate. I have seen posts in another thread with postive comments about marzipan on their cakes. I really like to try this, someday! icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%