Mff With No Kitchenaid??

Decorating By mommybrooke Updated 6 Aug 2009 , 1:59am by mommybrooke

mommybrooke Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommybrooke Posted 6 Aug 2009 , 1:39am
post #1 of 7

Okay I have only used MMF, but after seeing everyone rave about the MFF I thought I might give it a try. Doesn't seem quite as simple lol but maybe I can do it! I have a question though, I do not have a kitchenaid mixer. icon_sad.gif maybe one day haha.... I do have a small stand mixer from walmart or something, but it has no dough hook. How should I mix it up?? Sorry for so many newbie questions tonight and TIA!

6 replies
BAKE-ME-A-CAKE Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BAKE-ME-A-CAKE Posted 6 Aug 2009 , 1:46am
post #2 of 7

I mix my MMF by hand and by spatula. I grease the rubber spatula with shortening and stir and stir until there's so much sugar that I can stir no more. I start kneading it with my hands because at this point it is a dough and then add more and more sugar and keep kneading with my hands until done. You MUST grease your hands well with shortening (in between fingers and all).

BAKE-ME-A-CAKE Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BAKE-ME-A-CAKE Posted 6 Aug 2009 , 1:48am
post #3 of 7

Oh wait...did you "say" MFF? Sorry, I don't know what that means. I was referring to MMF. Oops.

cutthecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cutthecake Posted 6 Aug 2009 , 1:54am
post #4 of 7

MFF is Michelle Foster's Fondant...the recipe is on CC.

lngo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lngo Posted 6 Aug 2009 , 1:56am
post #5 of 7

I've made MFF by hand and with my KA. Although it's easier with a KA, it's not mandatory. Just be sure you sift your PS otherwise you might end up with hard lumps. It's not as sticky as MMF but be sure to keep that shortening within easy reach.

Personally, I prefer the taste of MMF over MFF except when I make chocolate MFF (tastes just like a tootsie roll). I think MFF is more variable in terms of flavor.

TheBlonde Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheBlonde Posted 6 Aug 2009 , 1:57am
post #6 of 7

What is MFF? I've only heard of MMF....

mommybrooke Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommybrooke Posted 6 Aug 2009 , 1:59am
post #7 of 7

Okay thanks! I wasn't sure if you could do it by hand or not. Oh really you like the mmf better? I like the taste of it pretty well, its just so sweet I thought I might try the other just to see....who knows! Thanks!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%