Does Fondant Cake Need To Be Refrigerated?

Decorating By princesscatt Updated 7 Aug 2009 , 9:54pm by princesscatt

princesscatt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
princesscatt Posted 6 Aug 2009 , 1:12am
post #1 of 4

Making a cake with cream cheese filling...I'm afraid that once it's covered with fondant it will harden too much?? Any tips?

3 replies
Lenette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lenette Posted 6 Aug 2009 , 1:09pm
post #2 of 4

I don't understand what you mean by harden too much?

I would definitely refrigerate a cream cheese filling unless it is the shelf-stable kind (comes in a sleeve). I refrigerate fondant cakes all the time with no problem at all. I have kept them in the frig for 1 or 2 days max though.

When you bring it out condensation will form. Don't touch it! It will dissipate and the cake will be fine.

HTH! icon_smile.gif

cake1119 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cake1119 Posted 6 Aug 2009 , 1:24pm
post #3 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenette

I would definitely refrigerate a cream cheese filling unless it is the shelf-stable kind (comes in a sleeve). I refrigerate fondant cakes all the time with no problem at all. I have kept them in the frig for 1 or 2 days max though.

When you bring it out condensation will form. Don't touch it! It will dissipate and the cake will be fine.

HTH! icon_smile.gif

It helped me, thank you!

princesscatt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
princesscatt Posted 7 Aug 2009 , 9:54pm
post #4 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenette

HTH! icon_smile.gif

I used wilton fondant to practice my fondant skills and i refrigerated the cake b/c of the cream cheese filling and the fondant got really hard...i either didn't roll it thin enough or it's just the wilton fondant...

How are the cream cheese icings in the sleeves?? Do they taste good?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%