How Much To Charge?

Business By sparkscakes Updated 6 Aug 2009 , 11:37pm by FromScratch

sparkscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sparkscakes Posted 6 Aug 2009 , 12:56am
post #1 of 6

how much should i charge for fresh flowers on her cake..or should i tell the bride to have them ordered from the same florist that provides her the rest of the flowers?? icon_confused.gif

5 replies
cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 6 Aug 2009 , 1:21am
post #2 of 6

Hold on - does she want you to go and buy the flowers? And then put them on the cake?

I would definitely tell her to order the flowers from her florist. And then you can place the flowers on the cake. Some people include that in the price of the cake and others charge for it. So that's up to you.

But really, you do not want to go to the trouble and hassle of buying flowers. (At least, I wouldn't).

FromScratch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratch Posted 6 Aug 2009 , 1:55am
post #3 of 6

I always have the bride order the flowers. I will talk with the florist and let them know what will be needed as far as amounts and sizes (some flowers can get *so* big and you don't want to be stuck with 8 inch blooms for your cake) and then the bride will order them and have them delivered to the venue and I will put them on.

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 6 Aug 2009 , 12:52pm
post #4 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by FromScratch

I always have the bride order the flowers. I will talk with the florist and let them know what will be needed as far as amounts and sizes (some flowers can get *so* big and you don't want to be stuck with 8 inch blooms for your cake) and then the bride will order them and have them delivered to the venue and I will put them on.

Now that makes sense!

brincess_b Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brincess_b Posted 6 Aug 2009 , 4:05pm
post #5 of 6

do make sure the flowers are safe to be used on food - non toxix, non- pesticide - apparently not every florist is aware of this.
xx

FromScratch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratch Posted 6 Aug 2009 , 11:37pm
post #6 of 6

I put a sheet of acetate on the top of the cake if there will be fresh flowers... I hate using fresh flowers for the pesticide reason alone.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%