Betty Crocker Type Frosting

Baking By cakelass Updated 5 Aug 2009 , 10:10pm by Tiffany29

cakelass Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakelass Posted 5 Aug 2009 , 12:15am
post #1 of 10

Would anyone have a recipe that is similar texture to Betty Crockers bought one that you get in a tin or with the cake mix? TIA

9 replies
indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 5 Aug 2009 , 12:36am
post #2 of 10

I made the chocolate icing from the Hershey Cocoa can this week. It's really creamy, and if you want it creamier, you can just add more milk.

Tiffany29 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tiffany29 Posted 5 Aug 2009 , 12:45am
post #3 of 10

I love the hershey frosting! I make it all the time and it always comes out creamy. I like to whip it for an extra minute or 2, comes out great everytime.

cakelass Posted 5 Aug 2009 , 2:26am
post #4 of 10

Thankyou for your replies. I would love to try it but I am in Australia and do not know where to get the recipe from. Can someone help me out?

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 5 Aug 2009 , 2:49am
post #5 of 10

Here ya go! (Scroll to the bottom of the cake recipe ... the icing recipe is at the bottom: http://www.hersheys.com/recipes/recipes/detail.asp?id=184

cakelass Posted 5 Aug 2009 , 7:48am
post #6 of 10

Thankyou! Is it alright to leave this icing out because it has milk? Sorry if I am becoming irritating.

Tiffany29 Posted 5 Aug 2009 , 12:18pm
post #7 of 10

most of my frosting recipes use milk and I leave them out all the time, I never have any problems. Good Luck! Oh,

Tiffany29 Posted 5 Aug 2009 , 12:29pm
post #8 of 10

I was going to say try the hershey choc cake recipe on the link debi gave you. It is the best choc cake ever! It is the only choc cake recipe I use. you can also try different brands of cocoa powder and they all work the same. A brand I like is called Saco. ( it's my new fav.) icon_smile.gif It is a blend of dutch and german choc. and is great in the choc cake and frosting!

cakelass Posted 5 Aug 2009 , 9:22pm
post #9 of 10

Thanks Tiffany. I will betrying out.

Tiffany29 Posted 5 Aug 2009 , 10:10pm
post #10 of 10

you're welcome! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%