Just Made My First Tiered Cake

Decorating By Echooo3 Updated 5 Aug 2009 , 1:31am by cylstrial

Echooo3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Echooo3 Posted 4 Aug 2009 , 9:27pm
post #1 of 10

Just made it to see if I could -- then I needed to find someone that would like to have it. Called my church and they are having a leadership conference on Thursday, so I delivered it and it is now in their cold storage.

Learned a LOT, will do some things different next time. But overall, I was pleased.

All is edible, sugar cones, cake cones, sugar cubes and buttercream frosting.
LL
LL

9 replies
bashini Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bashini Posted 4 Aug 2009 , 9:34pm
post #2 of 10

Its absolutely fantastic! Well Done! icon_biggrin.gifthumbs_up.gif

mjk350 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mjk350 Posted 4 Aug 2009 , 9:48pm
post #3 of 10

Great job!!!

newnancy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
newnancy Posted 4 Aug 2009 , 10:03pm
post #4 of 10

Looks GREAT! I bet that was a lot of work.

cvigil Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cvigil Posted 4 Aug 2009 , 10:07pm
post #5 of 10

Nice Job! It came out great.

subaru Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
subaru Posted 4 Aug 2009 , 10:08pm
post #6 of 10

You really did a great job. I'm sure the church was very grateful. How nice of you to do that.

pipe-dreams Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pipe-dreams Posted 4 Aug 2009 , 10:11pm
post #7 of 10

Great job! What a great idea to use sugar cubes! I love it thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

adree313 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adree313 Posted 4 Aug 2009 , 10:48pm
post #8 of 10

awesome job!

Echooo3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Echooo3 Posted 4 Aug 2009 , 11:00pm
post #9 of 10

Thanks everyone for your nice remarks. I did so many things WRONG. Where do I begin ......... (do you all remember your newbie days?)

I made three 9x13 cakes and carved them to the sizes I wanted. Should have just made the size cake I wanted so I didn't have to carve and waste cake.

when leveling the cake, I turned the cake upside down - now I know I need to level the cake right side up.

I stacked all the cakes and then frosted them, really??? I so should have known better than that. I first crumb coated the cakes and then I stacked them so I could put the final icing on -- way wrong.

Transporting the cake -- that's another issue all together. I should have waited to put the top cone on but I had enough bamboo skewers in them to build a bamboo collection.

But the cake (the piece I carved) tasted awesome WASC with buttercream frosting and I used half shortening and half butter. Haven't had buttercream with butter in a LOOOONG time. Yum.

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 5 Aug 2009 , 1:31am
post #10 of 10

It looks great!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%