Wedding Cupcakes...how Many Per Person?

Baking By projectqueen Updated 13 Oct 2009 , 9:49pm by Annabakescakes

aquamom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aquamom Posted 13 Oct 2009 , 2:18pm
post #31 of 36

Hi,

I am just wondering if it's like this all the time (guests taking extra cupcakes) or if it's the economy?

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 13 Oct 2009 , 2:22pm
post #32 of 36

Personally, I think people just like cupcakes and they are less formal than cake. So they think, no one will know or care if I have another one.

BCo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BCo Posted 13 Oct 2009 , 3:09pm
post #33 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquamom

Hi,

I am just wondering if it's like this all the time (guests taking extra cupcakes) or if it's the economy?

I think people are like this ALL the time!!! Just from my experience before the economy was anywhere near what it is now people STILL were doing this!! icon_rolleyes.gif

online_annie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
online_annie Posted 13 Oct 2009 , 3:21pm
post #34 of 36

When going with Wedding Cupcakes, I suggest a minimum of 2 per guest. There are never any left. I've seen kids alone WITH their parents pile 3 per plate. I've asked kindly for the to wait for everyone to make it through first before taking more than one only to be told by the parents...."they are ONLY cupcakes...I'm sure they have many more in the back!"
icon_eek.gif I try not to look like a deer in headlights. But sometimes the sheer gall of people causes instant shock.

cownsj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cownsj Posted 13 Oct 2009 , 3:52pm
post #35 of 36

We recently did a wedding with mini cupcakes. Fortunately it was the brides grown daughter, who has done weddings in the past who did the whole wedding. They had 5 mini's per guest, figuring that with 5 different flavors there would be those who wanted to sample each flavor, and of course enough others who wanted more than one of their favorite flavor. They were gobbled up by everyone there. Of course they had their wedding reception, then continued on with an after hours party, so their event began at 5 and continued until 3 am.

Annabakescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Annabakescakes Posted 13 Oct 2009 , 9:49pm
post #36 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by online_annie

When going with Wedding Cupcakes, I suggest a minimum of 2 per guest. There are never any left. I've seen kids alone WITH their parents pile 3 per plate. I've asked kindly for the to wait for everyone to make it through first before taking more than one only to be told by the parents...."they are ONLY cupcakes...I'm sure they have many more in the back!"
icon_eek.gif I try not to look like a deer in headlights. But sometimes the sheer gall of people causes instant shock.

That is when I would have to smile and say, "Well, that's where you're wrong! This is it, I know because I made them. Thank you! icon_biggrin.gif "

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%