Would You Accept This Order? (Long)

Decorating By Gingoodies Updated 4 Aug 2009 , 8:25am by QueenMo

Gingoodies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Gingoodies Posted 3 Aug 2009 , 4:40pm
post #1 of 5

I was watching Bridezillas last night (I don't really watch the enitre show anymore. Too much b#@%^iness).

The part I happened to catch was a girl ordering her wedding cake. She ordered strawberry & pineapple (I am thinking this is the filling, not sure) and proceeded to tell the bakery person, "I know my fiance does not like these flavors, but too bad". "Actually, I think he is allergic. If he eats it and chokes or dies, oh well". The bakery lady looked at her and asked if she wanted to discuss this with her fiance. She said no.

In the next scene she was arguing with the fiance because he was 5 mins. late in meeting her for the cake selection. She told him what she chose and he said, "I won't even be able to eat my own wedding cake". She said "too bad! It is my wedding, NOT YOURS!".

In the scene where they show just the bride talking she then said. (AGAIN) "I know he is allergic to the flavors, but too bad. Maybe he will eat them and die. We will already be married and I will get the insurance".
OMG!!!! icon_surprised.gificon_cool.gificon_confused.giftapedshut.gif

I would have run from her like the plague. I can just picture her feeding this guy cake he is allergic to, and then suing the bakery because he got sick.

4 replies
__Jamie__ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
__Jamie__ Posted 3 Aug 2009 , 4:55pm
post #2 of 5

And I am sure this was staged to make good ratings. And no, I would have politely excused her out the door with some garbage about "oh I just realized I am booked that day, SOOOOOO sorry I didn't catch that before we met, buh bye, have a nice day. And groom, good luck buddy!"

Kimmers971 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kimmers971 Posted 3 Aug 2009 , 4:56pm
post #3 of 5

If I did they'd both be signing off on something about the groom being allergic to the ingredients, etc. and you are not lible for any sickness.

cindy1176 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cindy1176 Posted 3 Aug 2009 , 4:58pm
post #4 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by __Jamie__

And I am sure this was staged to make good ratings. And no, I would have politely excused her out the door with some garbage about "oh I just realized I am booked that day, SOOOOOO sorry I didn't catch that before we met, buh bye, have a nice day. And groom, good luck buddy!"

I'm with you on that! No way, no how would I do a cake for this couple...too many potential problems!

QueenMo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
QueenMo Posted 4 Aug 2009 , 8:25am
post #5 of 5

That is flipping terrible! did she forget the point of a wedding? crikey! I would not have taken the order. Just someones luck, they'll turn around and accuse the bakery of trying to kill the guy. SHEESH.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%