Ganache

Baking By cas60

cas60 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cas60 Posted 3 Aug 2009 , 2:32pm
post #1 of 1

I'm looking for info on ganache. Im making a wedding cake for this weekend and the bride wants whipped ganache for a filling.

I'm looking for recipes for whipped ganache and adice on how long I can leave it out at room temp. The wedding is Saturday, and I'll be attending so the cake will be delivered Sat. morning. I'm planning on baking the cakes on Wednesday, making my frosting and filling on Thursday, and filling and crumb coating the cakes on Thursday also. Friday I'm doing my final frosting and decorating. The cakes will be in an air conditioned room - is that enough ? I don't think I can fit them in my fridge.

I'm also making the grooms cake which will be covered in fondant. Lots of baking and decorating, so I'm trying to space out all the work. I'd appreciate an advice on the ganache and storage. I've already received one recipe that was a 1:1 dark 70% chocolate ratio that sounds great, but would love some other recipes to consider.

also....since it's been so humid here and the cakes will be heavy, I'm planning on using plastic separator plates to make sure that my cakes don't shift or warp on just cardboard plates. Do I use just one cardboard board under the cake then attach that to the separator plate or should I double up those and cover them with fanci foil? My base is one of the 1/2 inch foil covered board and the cake is stacked

0 replies

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%