Anyone Still Waiting For The June/july Acd Magazine?

Decorating By bostonterrierlady Updated 7 Aug 2009 , 10:14pm by diane

bostonterrierlady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bostonterrierlady Posted 3 Aug 2009 , 12:20am
post #1 of 19

I am still waiting. I called a week or two ago and they said by August 9,2009. I am not to optomistic. I wish someone could have talked to them at their booth at ices. If anyone did i would like to know if things are looking up for them. I hear they have gone through alot of changes. I have never had trouble getting my issues. But I hope I will still get it. It had the ices preview in it, which is done now.

18 replies
Mensch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mensch Posted 3 Aug 2009 , 6:46am
post #2 of 19

A magazine for June/July delivered in August?

No way. A serious company would have shipped that magazine at the end of MAY.

These people who run this mag.... WTF do they do, anyway? Sit around and pick their butts?

I read about this all the time, the Valentine's issue showing up in March, and the Easter issue in June.

Cancel your subscription and demand your money back. They are not going to change their ways if subscribers let them get away with it.

JaimeAnn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JaimeAnn Posted 3 Aug 2009 , 6:50am
post #3 of 19

WOW! every magazine I get (most are art mags) come out way BEFORE the issue date . I got my September 1 issue of Woman's day last week ! Granted that is a much more common popular mag , but still no way should an issue be that late the press!

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 3 Aug 2009 , 12:53pm
post #4 of 19

I think they are just a really small company and don't have time to do the things they need to do. But the issues always come out late. I got my Nov./Dec. 2008 issue at the end of January 2009.

The sad thing is that I emailed them and told them that I would be willing to volunteer to help them out - and I didn't even get a response.

Kimmers971 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kimmers971 Posted 3 Aug 2009 , 1:00pm
post #5 of 19

I got mine on Saturday (8/1). I keep telling them cancel it and give me a refund but they don't acknowledge it. I don't want holiday issues long after the holiday has passed - can't they understand that?

cylstrial Posted 3 Aug 2009 , 4:43pm
post #6 of 19

I don't think they get it! When is your subscription up?

FullHouse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FullHouse Posted 3 Aug 2009 , 8:22pm
post #7 of 19

I'm so glad I've stumbled across this post. I've been wanting to purchase a subscription when I had some extra $, guess I'm better off investing in some decorating books.

Price Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Price Posted 3 Aug 2009 , 8:42pm
post #8 of 19

Mine just came the end of last week.

bostonterrierlady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bostonterrierlady Posted 3 Aug 2009 , 10:07pm
post #9 of 19

I received it today. I received ACD and Mailbox News together.

meggers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
meggers Posted 3 Aug 2009 , 10:13pm
post #10 of 19

I'm surprised that you guys haven't gotten the issue yet. I got it awhile ago. I remember being surprised that I got the June/July issue in June.

Price Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Price Posted 3 Aug 2009 , 10:52pm
post #11 of 19

I just checked. The Mailbox News I just received is dated July/August. The ACD is dated June/July. The last 2 times I have received them, they were mailed in the same wrapping.

__Jamie__ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
__Jamie__ Posted 3 Aug 2009 , 10:53pm
post #12 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by FullHouse

I'm so glad I've stumbled across this post. I've been wanting to purchase a subscription when I had some extra $, guess I'm better off investing in some decorating books.

Don't bother. You will learn so much more here!

cylstrial Posted 3 Aug 2009 , 11:53pm
post #13 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by bostonterrierlady

I received it today. I received ACD and Mailbox News together.

Same here! I got both today. (Which I have been getting both together for a while now).

Kimmers971 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kimmers971 Posted 7 Aug 2009 , 5:35pm
post #14 of 19

OMG I just got the Aug/Sept issue today. I bet I won't see the next issue until January icon_lol.gif

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 7 Aug 2009 , 5:59pm
post #15 of 19

I got June/July and Aug/Sept today..Really ...for what was in them..I won't be renewing!

Peridot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Peridot Posted 7 Aug 2009 , 6:19pm
post #16 of 19

I am so disappointed to be reading this about ACD & Mailbox News. I just took out a subscription to both of them this week. Maybe I need to call and cancel and just order the back issues that they have on their site. I was under the impression that these were great magazines and had interesting articles in them and great ideas and how - to's.

cylstrial Posted 7 Aug 2009 , 8:22pm
post #17 of 19

I enjoy the magazines a lot. It just takes a while to get them!

sweetreasures Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetreasures Posted 7 Aug 2009 , 8:56pm
post #18 of 19

I was searching for a magazine on cakes and found ACD. Then I came here to find out what others are saying, so I'm glad I held off on purchasing a subscription. Perhaps after they are settled in from their move things will move along better. I did read in another thread that it is the only magazine avail in the U.S. Maybe Heath and Jackie could think about a Cake Central Magazine

diane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diane Posted 7 Aug 2009 , 10:14pm
post #19 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiddiekakes

I got June/July and Aug/Sept today..Really ...for what was in them..I won't be renewing!

if this magazine is anything like mailbox news...then it isn't worth it, in my opinion. this magazine is geared more towards beginners. i'm not renewing my subscription. i need something more than this. icon_cool.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%