Boise Decorators?

Decorating By adree313 Updated 4 Aug 2009 , 5:26pm by bostonterrierlady

adree313 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adree313 Posted 2 Aug 2009 , 9:01pm
post #1 of 10

i know there are a couple of you out there and i've been wanting to ask... where do you buy your cake supplies??
also, anyone else from idaho, what are the laws for homebaking here?
(sorry, i just moved here a few months ago and am still learning the baking ropes here!)
thanks!

9 replies
adree313 Posted 3 Aug 2009 , 3:20am
post #2 of 10

bueller.... bueller?

amandaluvscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amandaluvscakes Posted 3 Aug 2009 , 5:07am
post #3 of 10

Hello - I am in Nampa and moved here 2 years ago. I made cakes in Pocatello many years ago and am just getting back into it but kind of more homebased and not advertising because I have wondered the same thing. Let me know what u find out.

as far as cake supplies - good luck - I do alot of mail ordering because - Boise has Nothing!

adree313 Posted 3 Aug 2009 , 5:37am
post #4 of 10

that's what i was afraid of!

idgalpal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
idgalpal Posted 3 Aug 2009 , 8:51pm
post #5 of 10

I'm in Boise, and Boise has nothing, except what you can get a Michael's or the new, big Joanne's. I get most of my stuff online. I'm pretty sure you need a commercial kitchen, it can be in your residence if it's separate. I work part time for a cater who has a commerical kitchen in her home that is separate from her residential kitchen.
By the way -Welcome to Idaho!

bostonterrierlady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bostonterrierlady Posted 3 Aug 2009 , 10:30pm
post #6 of 10

I live in Boise. I do cakes as a hobby for family and friends. To have a bussiness you must have a liscensed kitchen which is a seperate kitchen. Another place you can get cake supplies is in Nampa. It is called Hobby
center. They sell alot Wilton but they also sell cake boards,masonite boards. They have some flavors of cake fillings. Pretty good variety.

amandaluvscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amandaluvscakes Posted 4 Aug 2009 , 12:47am
post #7 of 10

Totally for got about Hobby Center - yes it is on Garrity and has a decent selection - better than Micheals or Joanns

idgalpal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
idgalpal Posted 4 Aug 2009 , 3:00pm
post #8 of 10

OMG! I completely forgot about Hobby Center also. I haven't been there in years. I'll have to check it out this weekend~

adree313 Posted 4 Aug 2009 , 5:06pm
post #9 of 10

thank you for the kitchen info! and yeah, i knew about hobby center and when i found it i was like a kid in the candy store seeing as how we have nothing else here! i was hoping for more info, but i DO know that there is a hobby lobby on it's way. though it hasn't even been built yet lol. does hobbytown usa sell any cake decorating supplies?

bostonterrierlady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bostonterrierlady Posted 4 Aug 2009 , 5:26pm
post #10 of 10

No they do not.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%