Where To Find Tylose In Nc Or Mi?

Decorating By honeydragon Updated 2 Aug 2009 , 11:49pm by mkolmar

honeydragon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
honeydragon Posted 2 Aug 2009 , 8:37pm
post #1 of 6

Does anyone know where I could find Tylose powder or any substitute in North Carolina or Michigan? Any answers would be much appreciated! Thanks.

5 replies
ceshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ceshell Posted 2 Aug 2009 , 9:22pm
post #2 of 6

I think you should just check your yellow pags to find the closest cake decorating supply stores and give them a call. I can't find tylose anywhere nearby except for at cake supply stores, and I'm in Los Angeles. It's a specialty product so nobody else has any reason to stock it.

Otherwise, you'd be best just to order it on the internet.

xstitcher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
xstitcher Posted 2 Aug 2009 , 9:54pm
post #3 of 6

Confectioners Wares is NC. I don't know exactly where and I do believe it's an on-line store only but they do carry tylose.
http://www.shop.confectionerswares.com/main.sc;jsessionid=F8CBDCE7293C537C2BB0D09A268A2863.qscstrfrnt02

NC Paper Co in Clayton, NC probably carries it (not 100% sure as I was there only the one time and didn't need it but they do have a lot of cake items).
http://ncpaperco.net/

honeydragon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
honeydragon Posted 2 Aug 2009 , 10:50pm
post #4 of 6

I will have my sister look at those places in NC. I am stunned to hear that you can't find it in LA! now I know why I can't find it in northern Michigan! icon_cry.gif thanks for answering! I am sure it will help.

ceshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ceshell Posted 2 Aug 2009 , 10:59pm
post #5 of 6

Oh I can definitely find it in L.A.! But what I mean is, even in L.A., I can't find it anywhere EXCEPT for cake supply stores. Even my favorite restaurant supply store, Surfas, which has a huge inventory of baking-related supplies including all sorts of random stuff, doesn't have tylose. Fortunately the cake shop is closer than that store anyway thumbs_up.gif

Good luck on your search!

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 2 Aug 2009 , 11:49pm
post #6 of 6

I'm in MI also and can't find a store near me that sells it. I just order it online now to save the hassle.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%