Wasc Flavor Variations?

Baking By Naty Updated 3 Aug 2009 , 2:22am by JaimeAnn

Naty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Naty Posted 1 Aug 2009 , 4:57pm
post #1 of 14

By the way, does anyone have other variations they can share of the WASC cake besides the chocolate and vanilla?

Thanks,
Naty

13 replies
Normita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Normita Posted 1 Aug 2009 , 5:00pm
post #2 of 14

http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=df4f9hbq_46cs9f28fs

This thread has many different cake flavors and combos.

Normita Posted 1 Aug 2009 , 5:04pm
post #3 of 14

http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopicp-6498431.html#6498431

Actually, this is the thread and the other post was just the recipes. If you ever have a question about a cake flavor or combo, post it here and they will help you. Macsmom is a genius for creating cake flavors icon_smile.gif

Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 1 Aug 2009 , 5:25pm
post #4 of 14

I use the base from the original recipe and use different types of cake mix. I sometimes substitute the liquid with, coffee, hot chocolate, cappucino, etc.

Naty Posted 1 Aug 2009 , 10:14pm
post #5 of 14

Thank you both for your replies. I noticed that the "original" WASC has no butter or shortening. Is this correct? or is there a typo? Does it affect the texture of the cake compared to the other WASC recipe that calls for oil?

Thanks,

Naty

Normita Posted 2 Aug 2009 , 4:22am
post #6 of 14

Nope, your right. The recipe does not ask for oil or shortening Actually, the WASC and the Choco WASC I have used does not use oil. The sour cream and pudding mixes make it very moist

JaimeAnn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JaimeAnn Posted 2 Aug 2009 , 5:14am
post #7 of 14

I use the "original" Wasc recipe that requires no oil. Everyone LOVES it.

I use the same principle inthat recipe for all flavors of cake mix and sometimes use a different liquid(other than water ) to complement the cake flavor. IE: chocolate cake made with strong coffee for the liquid gives the chocolate a nice rich flavor. Vanilla cake made with french vanilla coffee creamer is smooth creamy flavor. I also change the flavor of the extract or emulsion to complement , Lemon cake made with 1 tsp lemon ext + 1 tsp vanilla is really good.

Naty Posted 2 Aug 2009 , 1:38pm
post #8 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaimeAnn

I use the same principle inthat recipe for all flavors of cake mix and sometimes use a different liquid(other than water ) to complement the cake flavor. IE: chocolate cake made with strong coffee for the liquid gives the chocolate a nice rich flavor. Vanilla cake made with french vanilla coffee creamer is smooth creamy flavor. I also change the flavor of the extract or emulsion to complement , Lemon cake made with 1 tsp lemon ext + 1 tsp vanilla is really good.

Thank you..........when you use the creamer do you use the powder or the liquid? and does it make the cake sweeter since these already are sweet?

Thanks,
Naty

Naty Posted 2 Aug 2009 , 1:40pm
post #9 of 14

Thank you JaimeAnn and Normita. I am really thinking about trying this recipe....I love baking from scratch but I'm tired of my cakes not coming out moist. I know that cake mixes are more reliable.

Naty Posted 2 Aug 2009 , 1:47pm
post #10 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naty

Quote:

Thank you! I have a couple of questions if you don't mind icon_confused.gif

1) When you use the creamer do you use the powder or the liquid? and does it make the cake sweeter since these already are sweet to begin with?

2) Do you use BC or DH?

3) I want to do a french vanilla. Do you recommend using standard vanilla with a french vanilla creamer or a french vanilla cake mix with then with the sour cream? I don't want an overly powering "french vanilla" taste that taste artificial.

4) I want the cake to taste as if was make from scratch. Any other pointers for this?

I really thank you for your input icon_smile.gif

Thanks so much icon_biggrin.gif

Naty

Normita Posted 2 Aug 2009 , 5:26pm
post #11 of 14
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Thank you! I have a couple of questions if you don't mind icon_confused.gif

1) When you use the creamer do you use the powder or the liquid? and does it make the cake sweeter since these already are sweet to begin with?

2) Do you use BC or DH?

3) I want to do a french vanilla. Do you recommend using standard vanilla with a french vanilla creamer or a french vanilla cake mix with then with the sour cream? I don't want an overly powering "french vanilla" taste that taste artificial.

4) I want the cake to taste as if was make from scratch. Any other pointers for this?

I really thank you for your input icon_smile.gif

Thanks so much icon_biggrin.gif

Naty

1) I always use the liquid creamer. My favorite is chocolate eclair creamer that I use in my choco cake in place of choco milke (I use Macsmom recipe)...yummy!!

2) I always use BC...I have not had good results with DH....and I think this varies from person to person. But I have came across many people that prefer BC

3) I have used a french vanilla creamer and the taste is not overly powerful. As far as the sour cream I add it to ALL recipes regardless.

4) You can play around with this recipe and came up with your own variations but keeping still following the base of the recipe, just subbing creamer for the liquids and so on.

Hope this helps icon_smile.gif

Naty Posted 2 Aug 2009 , 6:41pm
post #12 of 14

Thank you Normita for your tips!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

clopin0 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
clopin0 Posted 2 Aug 2009 , 7:09pm
post #13 of 14

I just use different cake mixes, such as red velvet, french vanilla, golden vanilla, etc. I just adjust the extract to complement the flavor of the cake.

JaimeAnn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JaimeAnn Posted 3 Aug 2009 , 2:22am
post #14 of 14

I use the liquid creamer ..

I don't really notice it being sweeter, I mean my cakes are pretty sweet anyways.

I just made one with Butter cake mix and the southern Butter pecan creamer , and used the creamer in my Buttercream recipe for the liquid with some vanilla & butter extracts and it turned out AMAZING!!!!!!

Next time I do that one I am going to use some german chocolate pecan coconut frosting for filling.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%