Transfer Question..

Decorating By mindy1204 Updated 4 Aug 2009 , 9:04am by Elise87

mindy1204 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mindy1204 Posted 1 Aug 2009 , 12:24pm
post #1 of 3

The company I work for is starting a new division and I was asked to make the cake. The cake will be our logo which is circles going for larger to small out of the center. Very easy really. I was also thinking of making elderly people and putting on the front of the cake. I think I wants to try to do a transfer. Would I do that out of thinned colored royal icing? My thought is get a photocopy of the pict I want and trace and then fill with RI. WIll this work. I want them flat and not 3D.


2 replies
xstitcher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elise87 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elise87 Posted 4 Aug 2009 , 9:04am
post #3 of 3

yep you can do that, i did that for my last cake where i traced and flooded over an image i printed out (fishing cake in my gallery if you want to look) and it dries flat.

Not sure how thin your circles will be but be careful with them cose they will be fragile. Make sure to do an outline first with thicker RI then flood then flood with the thinner royal icing.

Another option is a buttercream transfer, i havn't personally tried this but i like the smoothness of the flooded RI better.

Quote by @%username% on %date%