What Happened To My Post???

Decorating By potatocakes Updated 1 Aug 2009 , 4:55am by Melchas

potatocakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
potatocakes Posted 31 Jul 2009 , 1:52pm
post #1 of 15

I posted last night about how to do a cake that a family requested for a child that just died and now I can't find it anywhere! Do posts really get deleted by mods and no reason or message given that they're being deleted and why?

14 replies
potatocakes Posted 31 Jul 2009 , 4:13pm
post #2 of 15

Really? No ideas?

snowboarder Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
snowboarder Posted 31 Jul 2009 , 4:23pm
post #3 of 15

Your posts (there are two of them) are in the Cake Ideas forum.

Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 31 Jul 2009 , 4:23pm
post #4 of 15

I believe you posted like 4 or 5 in a row, so I think the extra posts were deleted. Anyway, here are your posts:

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-fsearch-author-potatocakes.html

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 31 Jul 2009 , 5:13pm
post #5 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by potatocakes

Do posts really get deleted by mods and no reason or message given that they're being deleted and why?

Your posts were not deleted, I placed them both in the same (most appropriate) forum where I thought they would get more responses.

(It's not necessary to place the same post in multiple forums. Just pick the most appropriate forum and ALL members will have an opportunity to view it when next they sign in to CC, via "View Posts Since Last Visit.")

Additionally, you can always find all your posts by using the "My Forum Posts" tab on the homepage or by using the search query and inserting your screen name as "author."

HTH

P.S. It's a little disheartening that not only would you jump to conclusions without checking your facts, but immediately pillory the mods in the forums without sending a pm to clarify this matter.

I accepted the mod post to help other members, not give anyone a hard time.

potatocakes Posted 31 Jul 2009 , 6:09pm
post #6 of 15

Jan, rest assured I didn't "jump to conclusions". I'm not sure what facts you've alluded to that I didn't check. It's a little disheartening to me that mods will move posts without notifying the author to where it was moved and why. I shouldn't have to search around looking for my post. The reason there were multiple posts is because when I first attempted to submit my post to the "Cake Decorating" forum, it would not post. I checked the forum twice before attempting to repost it and it was not there. I then posted it to the "General" forum, thinking maybe that would be a more appropriate forum due to the sensitive content. I'm sure, as a mod, you're well aware that there is sometimes a glitch on CC that causes one post to appear several times. Mine posted twice in the "General" forum and I immediately edited one of those to mark as a double post. There are many posts in the "General" forum that have to do with pricing, help on a cake, business questions, etc., that have not been moved. I asked a question to get some feedback, not be accused of "pillory of the mods". I'm actually quite offended at that reference. Good grief, do you really feel I've subjected you to public scorn and ridicule?

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 31 Jul 2009 , 11:54pm
post #7 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanH

.....ALL members will have an opportunity to view it when next they sign in to CC, via "View Posts Since Last Visit."

This is the only way I ever go into the forum. So to me, it doesn't matter where something is posted ... and I'd never even notice if one of mine was moved, since I never go into the threads via each individual category anyway. Takes too much time to do it that way.

redpanda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
redpanda Posted 1 Aug 2009 , 1:22am
post #8 of 15

Ditto. I usually go straight to the View Posts Since Last Visit. If I'm short on time, I check My Posts to see if there has been activity/replies.

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 1 Aug 2009 , 1:27am
post #9 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by redpanda

Ditto. I usually go straight to the View Posts Since Last Visit. If I'm short on time, I check My Posts to see if there has been activity/replies.

and I just have it bookmarked.

click on the bookmark and up it comes (of course as much as I'm on here, it's the top listing in the firefox "most viewed" folder)

CakeDiva73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeDiva73 Posted 1 Aug 2009 , 4:14am
post #10 of 15

totally off-topic but, hmmm....'pillory'......that's a $10 word if I ever heard one! I assumed it was a typo until I saw the other post stating it's definition. icon_redface.gif

OfficerMorgan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
OfficerMorgan Posted 1 Aug 2009 , 4:30am
post #11 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by CakeDiva73

totally off-topic but, hmmm....'pillory'......that's a $10 word if I ever heard one! I assumed it was a typo until I saw the other post stating it's definition. icon_redface.gif

icon_lol.gif

Melchas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melchas Posted 1 Aug 2009 , 4:42am
post #12 of 15

Sorry to tangent, but how do you get to the " view posts since last visit" button?

cutthecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cutthecake Posted 1 Aug 2009 , 4:46am
post #13 of 15

Go to FORUMS, then look on the upper right side for View Posts Since Last Visit, click and there you are!

JaimeAnn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JaimeAnn Posted 1 Aug 2009 , 4:52am
post #14 of 15

Go to Forums and on the main forums page in the upper corner , right above the pink forums boxes is a yellow link that says "view posts since last visit".

I never search for my own posts . On the front page is a button "My Forum Posts" everything you have posted is right there.

Melchas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melchas Posted 1 Aug 2009 , 4:55am
post #15 of 15

Thanks, found it! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%