Trick To Remove Frosted Cupcakes From Carriers?

Baking By Kpow Updated 13 Oct 2009 , 7:23am by Annabakescakes

Kpow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kpow Posted 30 Jul 2009 , 7:49pm
post #1 of 5

Does anyone have any special tricks to remove frosted cupcakes from carriers such as the Cupcake Courier (that does not have finger grooves cut on the sides of each cupcake hollow) without messing up the frosting or squishing the sides of the cupcakes? This is something that has always eluded me! I've tried things like toothpicks, but they are so small that sometimes the cupcake flips as it comes out of the hollow and gets even more ruined that if I'd just picked it up with my fingers! Anyone have any magic tools they use for this?

(And just FYI, I am a devoted "frosting all the way to the edge of the cupcake" person, so using less frosting is not an answer for me. Other ideas?) Thanks!

4 replies
fsinger84 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fsinger84 Posted 31 Jul 2009 , 1:55am
post #2 of 5

I don't have a cupcake courier for this reason. I have the Snapware Cupcake Keeper that makes sure the cupcakes don't fall over and the "hole" for the cupcake is not as deep and the tray is removable so I never have problems getting the cupcakes out.

http://www.organize.com/large-snapware-cupcake-keeper.html

calicopurr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
calicopurr Posted 3 Aug 2009 , 4:07am
post #3 of 5

I use a spoon.

zoomzone Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
zoomzone Posted 3 Aug 2009 , 10:30pm
post #4 of 5

I ice to the edge also, and I use a fork to get them out of the cupcake courier.

Annabakescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%