Dented Boxes Of Cake Mix

Decorating By SuzyNoQ Updated 31 Jul 2009 , 6:23am by JaimeAnn

SuzyNoQ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SuzyNoQ Posted 30 Jul 2009 , 2:46pm
post #1 of 12

Would you buy dented boxes of cake mix or out of season funfetti mixes at grocery store that sells them at a discount? They are all dented boxes or seasonal funfetti (they had Halloween, Valentine's and Christmas) NONE of them them are expired and the bags inside are not opened. Would you buy them?

11 replies
poohsmomma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
poohsmomma Posted 30 Jul 2009 , 3:12pm
post #2 of 12

If they're not expired, and the inner bag is not broken, I don't see why not.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 30 Jul 2009 , 9:09pm
post #3 of 12

If as you describe definitely yes!

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 30 Jul 2009 , 11:24pm
post #4 of 12

I do it all the time, if they're half or more off.

Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 31 Jul 2009 , 12:06am
post #5 of 12

It depends on how dented they are. If they looked like a car just ran over them then no, but if it is just a small dent on the side then maybe yes.

I think this is just a personal thing. I'm the type of person who always always look for perfect packaging.

Of course the expiration date should always be checked.

JaimeAnn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JaimeAnn Posted 31 Jul 2009 , 12:49am
post #6 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by RylanTy

It depends on how dented they are. If they looked like a car just ran over them then no, but if it is just a small dent on the side then maybe yes.

I think this is just a personal thing. I'm the type of person who always always look for perfect packaging.

Of course the expiration date should always be checked.

The more posts I see from you Rylan the more I think you are my long lost twin !

My daughter laughs at me because I go through about ten of every item I buy looking for the most perfect one, and I will never take the front package of anything I have to go about 3 in. Jars of pickles or peppers are the WORST I examine each jar to make sure they are the ones I want. Its an OCD thing for me.

My Mom won't let me go shopping with her anymore ... hahha

If they are not expired and the bag hasn't been compromised then should be fine.

Rylan Posted 31 Jul 2009 , 1:18am
post #7 of 12

Jamie, you probably are my long lost twin!

I never get the front products in the shelves--I usually pick the middle ones. I feel like a lot of people has already touched the front ones and so I wouldn't like it. Also, when I buy milk and eggs, I make sure I get the newest ones. I check the expiration date and check the ones that will last longer.

I really think it is an OCD thing. I mean I don't even use my hands to flush the toilet. hehe.

xstitcher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
xstitcher Posted 31 Jul 2009 , 1:29am
post #8 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by RylanTy

Jamie, you probably are my long lost twin!

I never get the front products in the shelves--I usually pick the middle ones. I feel like a lot of people has already touched the front ones and so I wouldn't like it. Also, when I buy milk and eggs, I make sure I get the newest ones. I check the expiration date and check the ones that will last longer.

I really think it is an OCD thing. I mean I don't even use my hands to flush the toilet. hehe.

I think it's more like triplets! I'm the exact same too. I don't even open the doors with my hands. If I don't have a paper towel or something then I use the bottom of my shirt or my sleeve. I've even noticed my kids doing this. I think I'm going to end up raising kids like Niles from the show "Fraiser". icon_lol.gif

JaimeAnn Posted 31 Jul 2009 , 1:32am
post #9 of 12

Same thing for me I feel like they have been touched too many times. I don't feel so bad about it now that i know I am not alone.

I always get the newest milk & eggs. I can NEVER set anything in the kid seat part of the cart cause their butts & diapers have been there. hahahah

I am a foot flusher and I can't touch restroom door knobs either...

Rylan Posted 31 Jul 2009 , 2:01am
post #10 of 12

I didn't know there are a lot of people like me here in CC!

Exactly, I don't EVER EVER open public restroom door knobs with my bare hands--I won't even touch the faucet, paper towel dispenser handle and stall doors.

I am also a foot flusher. Touching the flush handle is my worst nightmare.

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 31 Jul 2009 , 2:58am
post #11 of 12

I'm the same way in public bathrooms, I do my best to hold it so I don't even need to use them.
But I still would buy battered cake boxes. The case usually just got dropped by a forklift.

JaimeAnn Posted 31 Jul 2009 , 6:23am
post #12 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7yyrt

I'm the same way in public bathrooms, I do my best to hold it so I don't even need to use them.
But I still would buy battered cake boxes. The case usually just got dropped by a forklift.

icon_lol.gif I don't know why but that made me laugh...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%