Did Mary Use Pins On Stencil On Cake Girls Shoebox Cake?

Decorating By drakegore Updated 30 Jul 2009 , 10:57pm by drakegore

drakegore Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
drakegore Posted 30 Jul 2009 , 1:14pm
post #1 of 3

on the most recent "amazing wedding cakes" mary did a shoebox and purse cake with a stencilled shoe box.
i watched it three times but it went so fast i couldn't see exactly what she was doing. but it looks to me like she was sticking a pin into the stencil to hold it up while she applied the royal icing.

i am not freaked out about the pin, lol. (but still you better do a pin count before you deliver that cake!) my question is, how do you apply the icing if the pin is in the way? it looked like she stuck it in one of the cutouts.
i am probably just overlooking some obvious thing which will all have you thinking i am not the sharpest knife in the drawer icon_redface.gif....

2 replies
peg818 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peg818 Posted 30 Jul 2009 , 9:03pm
post #2 of 3

i thought it looked like she stuck it in the stencil not the cut out. I really thought it was a no brainer idea, since holding that stencil seems to be the hardest thing for me.

drakegore Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
drakegore Posted 30 Jul 2009 , 10:57pm
post #3 of 3

yeah, i thought so too, but i read so many posts about the horror of holding the stencils and i thought, noooooooooo way, was the solution this darn easy icon_lol.gif

sticking it in the stencil makes more sense but i was pretty sure i saw her put it in the cutout and i couldn't quite figure out how she was working around it. maybe i was wrong, it was kinda hard to see.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%