Pricing A Cake

Decorating By melissamurphy Updated 30 Jul 2009 , 10:49am by melissamurphy

melissamurphy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melissamurphy Posted 30 Jul 2009 , 1:02am
post #1 of 3

I have been asked to sculpt a slingshot race car cake for a graduation party and I have never done anything like this before and I do not know how much to charge to do it?? I did a basic 3 tiered cake for her niece's party and she saw that cake and I was paid $100 for that cake. I know that I can not make this car cake for that price but I don't know how much higher I should go? It would be covered in fondant and probably take me at least 3 days to do..any suggestions....

2 replies
__Jamie__ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
__Jamie__ Posted 30 Jul 2009 , 4:51am
post #2 of 3

Well, are you talking about this? http://www.cannockmotorsports.com/FWThumbnails/DSC_1085-2.JPG

That's the only thing I see that comes up on a Google search for slingshot race cars. How detailed? Exactly with pipes and 3D fins and everything? I would start at about $300 and go from there. Depends on how big. I'd recommend GP for the panels and fins, maybe even pastillage.

melissamurphy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melissamurphy Posted 30 Jul 2009 , 10:49am
post #3 of 3

Yes that is the exact car I was talking about...thank you so much for posting a reply. I was thinking gum paste for the fins also. I was not sure as to how detailed I was going to be able to be but I just needed someone else's opinion about how to go about pricing this. Thanks so much

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%