Fondant Candles Surrounding Cake - Image?

Decorating By Deckor8 Updated 10 Aug 2009 , 6:19pm by superwawa

Deckor8 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deckor8 Posted 30 Jul 2009 , 12:50am
post #1 of 7

Hi All,

I was sure that I saw the idea on the Wilton site, but after looking at hundreds of pics tonight... nothing. You have surely have seen this cake that I'm refering to; it's a round cake with 1inch wide stripes (different colors) of fondant shaped to represent candles as the border of the sides of the cake.

If anyone can tell me where I can find the image of this cake, it'd be most appreciated. I've waited for months to make it for my husband's bday... which is this weekend. Very frustrated! And of course irritated with myself for not bookmarking it!

Any help is appreciated. icon_smile.gif

6 replies
Parable Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Parable Posted 30 Jul 2009 , 1:22am
post #2 of 7
kokopuff Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kokopuff Posted 30 Jul 2009 , 3:31am
post #3 of 7

You might find it on bakedecoratecelebrate.com it is a wilton affiliated website.

superwawa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
superwawa Posted 3 Aug 2009 , 7:16pm
post #4 of 7

OMG Deckor8 we are on the same wavelength!

I have this teeny tiny image that I saved awhile back with the intentions to make it THIS week for a guy's birthday. Is this the one you are talking about??

I also have no idea where it originally came from - I just spent an hour trying to find it with Google Images and the Wilton site to try to find a larger version.

Anyway - hope this is the one you were seeking and that although it's tiny it helps you out.

Be sure to post so we can compare our twin cakes! icon_smile.gif
LL

cakeymom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeymom Posted 3 Aug 2009 , 7:51pm
post #5 of 7

Just a thought. I did one with cookies for the candles for my son????

He really liked it.
LL

nelsmama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
superwawa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
superwawa Posted 10 Aug 2009 , 6:19pm
post #7 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by superwawa

OMG Deckor8 we are on the same wavelength!

I have this teeny tiny image that I saved awhile back with the intentions to make it THIS week for a guy's birthday. Is this the one you are talking about??

I also have no idea where it originally came from - I just spent an hour trying to find it with Google Images and the Wilton site to try to find a larger version.

Anyway - hope this is the one you were seeking and that although it's tiny it helps you out.

Be sure to post so we can compare our twin cakes! icon_smile.gif

Here is my version that I did this weekend.
LL

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%