Please Help A Newbie

Baking By Haven Updated 30 Jul 2009 , 1:50am by Haven

Haven Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Haven Posted 29 Jul 2009 , 11:47pm
post #1 of 3

I have sooooo many questions! I will start with asking for help with my cake for this week end. I have been told to use fruit perserves as filling in the cakes. Is it really OK to leave it out of the refridgerator for days? Also, how do you make chocolate fondant? Thank you so much for your help!

2 replies
JodieF Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JodieF Posted 30 Jul 2009 , 1:11am
post #2 of 3

I've used Polaner seedless preserves many times. It doesn't have to be refrigerated. As to chocolate fondant, I usually use Pettinice but there are many recipes on the recipe pages here. Hopefully this link will work. If it doesn't, then go to the recipe tab, type in chocolate and use the drop down to choose fondant.

http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=Recipes&sort=recipename&sort_dir=ASC&op=search&chname=X&chingredients=X&searchtext=chocolate&cat_id=60&x=&y=

Welcome to CC!

Jodie

Haven Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Haven Posted 30 Jul 2009 , 1:50am
post #3 of 3

Jodie,
Thank you so much for the information! I googled the preserves and it looks like I can get them at Wal Mart. Also thanks for leading me to the Chocolate link! It is my first rolled fondant and first flavor (other than Buttercream) filled cake. I am excited! I so appreciate your help!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%