Nut Cups....

Baking By Charmed Updated 16 Aug 2009 , 4:36am by Ruth0209

Charmed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Charmed Posted 29 Jul 2009 , 11:43pm
post #1 of 15

When using those white nut cups, do you just put them on a cookie sheet and bake them?

14 replies
cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 1 Aug 2009 , 11:17am
post #2 of 15

You can't bake in the nut cups. They aren't safe for the oven. If you do, your whole house will start to stick because they are coated in wax.

So you just put them in a regular liner and then when they are done cooling, you put them in the nut cup.

Someone has a great nut cup tutorial so that the nut cup comes off quickly. Let me see if I can find it for you.

cylstrial Posted 1 Aug 2009 , 11:21am
post #3 of 15
Charmed Posted 2 Aug 2009 , 3:13am
post #4 of 15

Thanks for the tutorial. That is sweeeet!!
I know that the new wilton nut cups are not oven safe but how about other nut cup brands?

cylstrial Posted 2 Aug 2009 , 8:18pm
post #5 of 15

Just read the back of package - if they are coated in wax, you can't bake them. You could probably just look at them and tell too. If they are shiny, they have wax on them.

JaimeAnn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JaimeAnn Posted 2 Aug 2009 , 8:33pm
post #6 of 15

I get Souffle cups (3&1/4 oz) from Smart & Final . they are the same size as the Wilton nut cups . They are safe to bake in cause they are just paper no wax or coating . They come in a Big package 250 cups for $5.

__Jamie__ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
__Jamie__ Posted 2 Aug 2009 , 8:34pm
post #7 of 15

Charmed, take "nut cup" out of the name. Look for souffle cups, they make them in sizes all the way down to the "mini muffin" size like we all like. I found every size imagineable at Smart and Final. icon_smile.gif

krazyb5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
krazyb5 Posted 2 Aug 2009 , 8:43pm
post #8 of 15

omg, no wonder i try baking in this nut cups and my chocolate cupcakes didnt come out right. I had to through them out icon_sad.gif

cylstrial Posted 2 Aug 2009 , 10:13pm
post #9 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by krazyb5

omg, no wonder i try baking in this nut cups and my chocolate cupcakes didnt come out right. I had to through them out icon_sad.gif

Aww...poor thing! They will stink up the house super fast. That's for sure!

umgrzfn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
umgrzfn Posted 2 Aug 2009 , 10:52pm
post #10 of 15

You can buy "nut cups" without the wax. I just did some mini cupcakes in them and they turned out AWESOME. The cups I bought were hanging next to the wilton cups, but again, the ones I bought were not lined with wax.

Parable Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Parable Posted 2 Aug 2009 , 11:49pm
post #11 of 15

OMG. I am glad I read this. I just bought two packages of the Wilton nut cups to bake some mini cupcakes. Guess I won't be doing that now.! icon_smile.gif

I've never heard of Smart and Final down here so I guess I'll have to shop around.

Thanks for the heads up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JaimeAnn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JaimeAnn Posted 3 Aug 2009 , 1:56am
post #12 of 15

If you don't have a Smart & Final I think they have them at Costco or Sam's club . They are a pretty common item at restaurant supply stores also.

Charmed Posted 3 Aug 2009 , 11:12pm
post #13 of 15

souffle cups...I will be ordering soon!!

Alicakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Alicakes Posted 16 Aug 2009 , 4:26am
post #14 of 15

This is great information. Thankyou!

Ruth0209 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ruth0209 Posted 16 Aug 2009 , 4:36am
post #15 of 15

My daughter and son-in-law laugh their heads off when I refer to those as nut cups. Silly kids! I use the 4 oz. souffle cups that I buy at Cash & Carry. They're not coated, so they work fine. I do put them on a cookie sheet to bake, and I bake for the same time as a regular cupcake.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%