Classes?

Decorating By ShelleyMJ Updated 30 Jul 2009 , 1:10pm by ShelleyMJ

ShelleyMJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShelleyMJ Posted 29 Jul 2009 , 5:28pm
post #1 of 6

I am teaching myself how to decorate cakes, or atleast trying. I came across this site about 2 weeks ago.... WOW I am so glad I did. I live in SW Kentucky. How do I find classes in my area?

5 replies
kokopuff Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kokopuff Posted 29 Jul 2009 , 5:48pm
post #2 of 6

Welcome to cc! You have found a really great site! What town do you live in? I live in Horse Cave,it is in the Mammoth Cave area.I have been looking into taking a few classes as well,if you can tell me where your located I may be able to direct you to a few.

ShelleyMJ Posted 29 Jul 2009 , 6:01pm
post #3 of 6

I live in Auburn, KY

kokopuff Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kokopuff Posted 30 Jul 2009 , 4:38am
post #4 of 6

They have been having the wilton 1,2and3 class at Hobbie Lobby in Bowling Green.I just checked out their website to see if they had anything listed for August yet but they didn't.I have been aiming to take the #3 course.It is for fondant and tiered cakes.I am already doing these types of cake but I just wanted to make sure I was doing them correctly.Anyway since I haven't been able to go yet,I have been watching a lot of how to videos on you tube and thanks to tonedna who has made a lot of tutorials on you tube,she is also on cc, I have been able to learn how to make gumpaste roses etc.Her website is the easiest way to access them it is designmeacake.com
also you can go to the home page on this site and scroll down there are a lot of how to's on there especially on the second page.A lot of new people have been missing that I think but we have been having website difficulties lately.Hope this helps! icon_biggrin.gif

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 30 Jul 2009 , 6:13am
post #5 of 6
ShelleyMJ Posted 30 Jul 2009 , 1:10pm
post #6 of 6

Thank you all very much for all the great pointers! I will take all of your suggestions and explore each one.

icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%