Doggonit! Dish Network Messed Up!

Decorating By cakesdivine Updated 29 Jul 2009 , 8:40am by jo_ann

cakesdivine Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesdivine Posted 28 Jul 2009 , 6:30pm
post #1 of 6

I have my DVR set to record ANY new FN Challenge, well Dish Network's internal guide said the Cake Challenge this past weekend was a Disney one done a few months ago SO IT DIDN'T RECORD! icon_mad.gif The ONLY reason I learned it wasn't that old one and actually the NEW SESAME STREET one is because the Next Food Network Star began recording and I have it set to begin recording 3 minutes prior to the actual start time! I was so angry to see just the snippet of who won, and only a glimpse of the winning cake. Does anyone know when it will be on again so I can record the darn thing....I hate knowing the end before getting to see the whole thing! icon_cry.gif

5 replies
jo_ann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jo_ann Posted 28 Jul 2009 , 11:56pm
post #2 of 6

I dvr all the new shows and mine is scheduled to record it sometime this week. Go into your dvr guide schedule and it should be there.

cakesdivine Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesdivine Posted 29 Jul 2009 , 2:01am
post #3 of 6

I did, they all say they are repeats of the disney one, and other old cake challenges, none say sesame street so they are all saying they are old and the only way to change that is to record every FN challenge whether I want it or not. PITA!

shannon100 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shannon100 Posted 29 Jul 2009 , 2:25am
post #4 of 6

That almost happened to me! But I saw the commercial early Sunday afternoon so I double checked that it was supposed to record and noticed it was labeled wrong. But I ended up in the same boat as you, knowing the winner without seeing it. (Luckily that post has now been deleted.)

Anyway, I checked Food network website, and it says July 29 at 7, Aug 1 at 4, and Aug 9 at 6 (all times ET/PT). Hope you can catch it!

s_barnes76 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
s_barnes76 Posted 29 Jul 2009 , 2:48am
post #5 of 6

I have Direct Tv and mine did the same thing! I thought it was weird that they would do Disney 2 weeks in a row, yet I didn't bother looking to see what was actually on. It was only after hubby told me he saw it at work that I found out it was Sesame Street. Guess I'll have to watch Wednesday night icon_wink.gif

jo_ann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jo_ann Posted 29 Jul 2009 , 8:40am
post #6 of 6

You don't need to do that. Go to schedule again. Make sure you can see all of the skipped shows . Scroll down until you find the one at the time you want to record. Click on it and there should be a restore button. Click on that & it should ask you to confirm that you want to restore that one item. I hope I said that right. It's way early in the morning.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%