Well This Is Just Great. . .

Decorating By Rose_N_Crantz Updated 27 Jul 2009 , 11:52pm by Carolynlovescake

Rose_N_Crantz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rose_N_Crantz Posted 27 Jul 2009 , 11:34pm
post #1 of 2

So the other night I finally worked up the courage to submit my Instructor Screening Form on wilton.com. I haven't taken a class before but I've been decorating for two years, I know a thing or two about buttercream! So I submitted the form and today while I was at work, I received two calls on my cell phone and one message from someone from Wilton. Although, she didn't leave a number and her number came up blocked on my caller id! So sent an email to the recruiting team on wilton.com explaining I'll be available all tonight and tomorrow after 4:30.

I'm sure they'll just tell me to maybe take a couple classes before they'll consider me for a position as I've got little experience with fondant and gumpaste and no experience with color flow. Either way I just wanted to let them know right away that I want to teach and this just isn't looking good so far!

Anyone else here a WMI? Any pearls of wisdom for me?

1 reply
Carolynlovescake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Carolynlovescake Posted 27 Jul 2009 , 11:52pm
post #2 of 2

I have been teaching for almost 2 years.

My Wilton supervisor definitely wants to be sure instructors have been through all 4 courses as a student before they become an instructor. I don't know if others are like her as well.

Could be there's an immediate opening and have a mentor waiting too.

Best of luck and if you have any questions at all you are more than welcome to e-mail me and we can talk about it. You can also go to my student site and see how I have things set up for my class.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%