Help With Cricut And Gumpaste

Decorating By LaLuCakes Updated 28 Jul 2009 , 12:24am by leah_s

LaLuCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaLuCakes Posted 27 Jul 2009 , 11:04pm
post #1 of 2

Can anyone help me with cutting gumpaste in my cricut? I just got a cricut expressions and I've read a ton on CC about how to do it and the settings. One thread said the settings should be: pressure 2, speed 4, deep blade 4. expressions don't have a number setting but words. so, I first set it to: pressure low, speed high and deep blade to 4. see in the picture that the blade still cuts into the gumpaste as it starts or leaves the design so i have a cut going thru my design. does that make sense? so i changed the settings to pressure min, and deep blade all the way down to 2. still got the blade cutting a line in gumpaste but not deep enought to cut the design all the way through. What am i doing wrong?

1 reply
leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 28 Jul 2009 , 12:24am
post #2 of 2

Well, there's no picture but I suspect that your gumpaste may be too thick. I run at at setting 9 on the Allied pasta roller. And even then I let it dry.

I was reluctant to take the sticky off the mat, so I didn't. I pressed a piece of waxed paper to the mat, put on the thinnest possible bit of veg shortening on the waxed paper for the gumpaste to stick to and it worked great.

On last weekend's cake I had hearts from 1/4" to 1". Thre's no way I could have cut a 1/4" heart!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%