Packing And Laughing...

Decorating By Juds2323 Updated 28 Jul 2009 , 7:28pm by mommicakes

Juds2323 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Juds2323 Posted 27 Jul 2009 , 10:25pm
post #1 of 9

I'm getting ready to move from California to Illinois in a few weeks and in the process of packing I'm starting to realize just how much cake stuff I truly have. Granted my wish list is still a mile long but it cracked me up! I have a medium size bucket of pans and a large bucket of pans and separator plates. Plus 1 box full with a couple boxes worth to go. Granted I'd like to make this into a business within a few years but I didn't realize just how much I have accumulated in such a short time.

I just wanted to share with some who would understand the idea of not realizing the volume of cake stuff until going to pack it up!

Judi

8 replies
cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 27 Jul 2009 , 11:05pm
post #2 of 9

LOL! I'm with you! We moved last week and it was the same situation. Boxes and boxes and boxes and boxes. It just never seemed to end. Oh the things that my in-laws were saying about my precious cake crap. =o) Hehe.

Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 28 Jul 2009 , 12:21am
post #3 of 9

shhhhh icon_cool.gif When we moved into this house 5 yrs ago I wasn't "in" business yet......I labeled all the "cake stuff" boxes as "christmas" so my DH wouldn't see it all............shhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!! icon_biggrin.gif

Juds2323 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Juds2323 Posted 28 Jul 2009 , 3:11am
post #4 of 9

My hubby almost lost his life last night suggesting I part with it! icon_eek.gificon_wink.gificon_twisted.gif I should do that too.... but heck he has his video games and movies I have my cake stuff. It doesn't even come close to adding up to his!

LOL

Judi

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 28 Jul 2009 , 12:03pm
post #5 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkelly

shhhhh icon_cool.gif When we moved into this house 5 yrs ago I wasn't "in" business yet......I labeled all the "cake stuff" boxes as "christmas" so my DH wouldn't see it all............shhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!! icon_biggrin.gif

LOL! I'm loving that! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif And wishing that I had been that smart!

JenJane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenJane Posted 28 Jul 2009 , 12:18pm
post #6 of 9

I am keeping this all in the back of my mind for future reference if I move. Although I think he already knows how much stuff I have. icon_smile.gif

JGMB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JGMB Posted 28 Jul 2009 , 1:21pm
post #7 of 9

Welcome to Illinois, Judi!! If you're going to live anywhere near me, I'd love to meet you sometime. I don't have any cake buddies in the area -- thank Heaven for all of you on CC! icon_razz.gif

MrsMabe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsMabe Posted 28 Jul 2009 , 3:59pm
post #8 of 9

Hehe, I can relate. My dad is a retired decorator. I was visiting last fall and we went through all his supplies together and he gave me whatever I wanted. I shipped this gigantic tote to myself ($100 for that bad boy). I told DH there were a "few" cake things coming in the mail. He nearly peed himself when that package came icon_lol.gif

mommicakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommicakes Posted 28 Jul 2009 , 7:28pm
post #9 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsMabe

Hehe, I can relate. My dad is a retired decorator. I was visiting last fall and we went through all his supplies together and he gave me whatever I wanted. I shipped this gigantic tote to myself ($100 for that bad boy). I told DH there were a "few" cake things coming in the mail. He nearly peed himself when that package came icon_lol.gif

That is just way too funny!!! would have loved to see the look on his face. icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%