Class Reunion/100Th Yr School Celebration

Decorating By dandelion56602 Updated 28 Jul 2009 , 3:38am by dandelion56602

dandelion56602 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dandelion56602 Posted 27 Jul 2009 , 7:17pm
post #1 of 5

The story is, a high school is celebrating it's 100th anniversary. Various graduating classes are in charge of various things. A lady who graduated in '77 was wanting to incorporate something about 50---b/c most of the people in the class are 50 or are turning 50.

I think she has an idea in her head, but asked me for more. It was hard on the spur of the moment w/ my kids waiting in the car. So, I thought I'd come to you guys

They have a logo that was sent out on post cards, but I told her it's waaayyyy too detailed (2 lions, something similar to a coat of arms, & other detaily stuff & I could do it, but she's not wanting to pay that much).

She mentioned an oval at the top w/ the ribbon across the bottom saying "Celebrating 100 yrs" & the name of the school on the sides. This would be top & center. Then as the main focus something about the graduating class of '77 & a catch phrase about being 50 (like 50 is nifty).

I really don't like that idea & told her I would try to come up w/ a few options for her to pick from, but I'm at a loss. It will be a sheet cake & the colors are Royal Blue & White.

I'm game for any ideas, so start throwing them my way please.

4 replies
Cookie45 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cookie45 Posted 27 Jul 2009 , 11:23pm
post #2 of 5

That sounds like a very confusing concept. The class of '77 turning 50 doesn't make any sense in light of the 100th anniversary of the school. Maybe a plaque on the side saying that the cake was provided by the class of '77 would satisfy the person ordering the cake.

Cookie45 Posted 27 Jul 2009 , 11:26pm
post #3 of 5

That sounds like a very confusing concept. The class of '77 turning 50 doesn't make any sense in light of the 100th anniversary of the school. Maybe a plaque on the side saying that the cake was provided by the class of '77 would satisfy the person ordering the cake.

Cookie45 Posted 27 Jul 2009 , 11:26pm
post #4 of 5

dandelion56602 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dandelion56602 Posted 28 Jul 2009 , 3:38am
post #5 of 5

I too thought it was confusing & was therefore stumped when she asked for ideas. I'm really trying here but not having much luck

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%