Ideas For Twin Boys/sport-Themed Baby Shower Cake?

Decorating By Tracye Updated 8 Aug 2009 , 10:07pm by Tracye

Tracye Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tracye Posted 27 Jul 2009 , 6:23pm
post #1 of 7

I have a request for a baby shower cake for the mother-to-be of twin boys. The party has a sports theme, and the hostess wants the cake to reflect the parents' interests as well (golf for dad, shopping, shoes, make-up for mom). They really like my figure modeling, and want two baby boys on the cake. They want a one-tier, square cake in primary colors.

Any ideas on how to get all this to work together?

I'm drawing a blank right now.

Thanks for helping!

6 replies
ddaigle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ddaigle Posted 27 Jul 2009 , 7:53pm
post #2 of 7

Hmmmmm. maybe I misunderstand...you need to design a cake for BOYS but you need to incorporate make up, shopping and shoes? That's a tough one....I hope someone else out there can help....here's a bump anyway. Good luck. I'm clueless.

AngelFood4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AngelFood4 Posted 27 Jul 2009 , 8:16pm
post #3 of 7

I was thinking of what boys could get into. Here are a few ideas...

1) with a square cake, design some stencil-like sport balls/accessories along the sides of the cake. Make the top look like a golf green with the 2 babies sitting on there holding the moms makeup as if they were using them to draw with, maybe put smudges around them. You could also add a flag like the ones on the green and have it say "deuce" for two.

2) Kids love playing in boxes. You can make the square cake look like an open box with primary colored tissue hanging out and the 2 babies sitting/playing in there with some sports balls, makeup and shoes.

Good luck!

w7-13 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
w7-13 Posted 27 Jul 2009 , 11:22pm
post #4 of 7

deleted - wasnt thinking

ddaigle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ddaigle Posted 28 Jul 2009 , 12:05pm
post #5 of 7

Angelfood..those are some great ideas! I would've never thought of that!

Jen80 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jen80 Posted 29 Jul 2009 , 2:06pm
post #6 of 7

You could have one of the babies head first into a golf bag with its feet sticking up in the air and the contents strewn all around it (clubs, balls etc).

And I like AngelFood4s' idea about the make-up.
You could have a make-up bag with it's contents also scattered and the other baby scribbling with a lipstick. (With an upside down shoe on his head)

He could be scribbling on a really expensive garmet. So that people get the idea you could have it half tucked in a bag (fondant/gumpaste, not a real one) from a well known high priced store. (I'm in Australia, so I'm not sure which store that would be over there, maybe Versace, Gucci, Prada?)

If it's not just golf for the sports you could put different balls around the sides of the cake (such as baseballs, footballs, soccerballs you get the drift).

Hope this helps.

Tracye Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tracye Posted 8 Aug 2009 , 10:07pm
post #7 of 7

Thanks for all the ideas! They're great!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%