I Can't Believe I Baked The Wrong Size Cake!!!!

Decorating By emiyeric Updated 28 Jul 2009 , 2:54pm by txnonnie

emiyeric Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emiyeric Posted 27 Jul 2009 , 7:38am
post #1 of 3

So I got back from work a couple of days ago (I work at a hospital and had a 30-hour call) and was trying to throw together my youngest munchkin's birthday cake for the next day. I had baked all but the last 10 inch layer (three tiers: 10, 8 and 6) for the bottom tier, so I threw some cake batter together and popped it in the oven. It unmolded perfectly, and I was gearing up for a long night of decorating, when I realized ... I'd baked a 12-in. cake instead!! Fortunately it wasn't for anybody but me, so I quickly carved a 10in out of the 12 in, and made do .... but boy! Did I feel dumb!

Anyhow! All in good fun .... cake turned out fine (I'll post pictures later). But this is exactly why I don't make any life-altering decision (no buying cars or deciding to have more kids, for example) when I'm post-call. icon_smile.gif

2 replies
MichelleM77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MichelleM77 Posted 28 Jul 2009 , 2:38pm
post #2 of 3

Ha ha! Nice save. icon_smile.gif At least you made the cake too big instead of too small. That would not have worked out so well.

txnonnie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
txnonnie Posted 28 Jul 2009 , 2:54pm
post #3 of 3

All ended well and that is all that matters. The customers don't need to know all the details of how we did things wrong. I know I did some things wrong on my airplane cake. Thought I was going to pull my hair out before I completed the cake. Looks pretty good, but the before completion and after completion was two complete different looks.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%