Need Help With My Idea

Decorating By ombaker Updated 27 Jul 2009 , 3:00am by ombaker

ombaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ombaker Posted 26 Jul 2009 , 7:01pm
post #1 of 5

I am doing a Halloween themed cake for a July birthday (go figure). My DD's friend (19) wants something not too "cheezy" so I thought of a dark purple fondant cake with a single black long stemmed rose on top. The stem will be partially intertwined in a fondant spider web and there will be a few drops of sparkly red blood comming off one of the thorns.
Everythin is comming out just as I pictured it except the spider web. It is extruder hell and I can't get anything that I am happy with. Any ideas, tips or suggestions are welcome.

Thx

4 replies
underthesun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
underthesun Posted 27 Jul 2009 , 1:57am
post #2 of 5

No idea how to make a draped fondant spider web. Found one photo, but it looks tricky. Good luck!

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1287581

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 27 Jul 2009 , 2:03am
post #3 of 5

Could you pipe the spider web with royal icing?

Sox-n-Pats Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sox-n-Pats Posted 27 Jul 2009 , 2:06am
post #4 of 5

or use color flow and print out a spider web from your computer and use that as your template under wax paper.

ombaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ombaker Posted 27 Jul 2009 , 3:00am
post #5 of 5

thx for the suggestions. I thought of royal icing but frankly I'm just too busy (read lazy) ( no really busy) to mess with it right now. I think I am going to pipe on black sparkly gel. Not exactly what I was thinking but it will work in this case.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%