Cake Toppers

Decorating By Melissa-makes-cakes Updated 25 Jul 2009 , 10:45pm by beachcakes

Melissa-makes-cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melissa-makes-cakes Posted 25 Jul 2009 , 5:07pm
post #1 of 2

I've seen many cakes with numbers or letters on some sort of stick on top of a cake- like spelling someones name. How do you do that? Sometimes it looks like gumpaste cut outs on wire of some sort but what wire would work and where would you get that?


1 reply
beachcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beachcakes Posted 25 Jul 2009 , 10:45pm
post #2 of 2

I've used both floral wire (the straight, not coiled kind) or lollipop sticks. Use a drinking straw so that the wire is not stuck directly into the cake as it's not food safe. The drinking straw helps support the stand-up piece so the weight won't tear through your cake also!

Quote by @%username% on %date%